'18 WR TN Jarek Campbell

Campbell said Tennessee has made a good impression on him each time he has been there, and he admitted the Vols already are "number one" on his list.

"It just feels like home, I guess," said Campbell, who's expected to be one of the top prospects from the state of Tennessee in the 2018 class. "Just the culture and the atmosphere, I just really like it.

"It’s my number one right now."

The 5-foot-11, 190-pound Campbell, who also picked up an offer from Memphis last month, said he was thrilled to get his first offer from Tennessee in early March.

"I kind of thought it was coming," he said. "It just motivated me to keep working hard, push myself.”

Campbell said he enjoyed seeing the Vols in action during their spring game, but he was hoping to see one of their current players – wide receiver Jauan Jennings, a fellow Murfreesboro native – who was sitting out because of an injury.

"I wanted to watch Jauan, but he wasn’t out there," Campbell said. "I played against him (in high school). He played quarterback. He didn’t play receiver. But he was really good — just an athlete.”

While Campbell said he "didn't have a favorite team" growing up, he added that he likes the idea of attending an in-state school.

So does his family.

"My dad wants me to stay," he said.

As much as anything, though, it's the atmosphere throughout Tennessee's program that already has put the Vols at the top of his list.

"They all care about each other," Campbell said, "and they’re a family."

Campbell said he also went to Tennessee for one of its preseason practices last year, a junior day earlier this year and "a couple" other visits. And he's planning to see the Vols again this summer.

"I'm going up there for a summer camp in June or July," he said.

Reactions: 4 people
All of our NPA kids were impressed in a tremendous way today. The new additions to the staff will help boost recruiting in a major way.

Reactions: 12 people
Litaker lives with him

Interesting point, but I'm not sure that makes him any more/less of a take. Offer list is pretty slim at this point, and I'd think we are in on better players this early, and we'd like to see where we stand with those guys before taking a commitment from Campbell. I also have to question how many WRs we're taking this year.

Interesting point, but I'm not sure that makes him any more/less of a take. Offer list is pretty slim at this point, and I'd think we are in on better players this early, and we'd like to see where we stand with those guys before taking a commitment from Campbell. I also have to question how many WRs we're taking this year.

I'd say between 3-4, Smith/George will be gone with the possibility of Jennings to the draft. Bryd could also move to defence and we could lose a player to attrition.

tennessee also is the team to beat for three-star athlete jarek campbell, a close friend and teammate of litaker. Campbell has remained a bit of an under-the-radar prospect, with offers from only ut, kentucky and memphis. But his stock could rise this spring based on his recent offseason work on the defensive side of the ball. It remains to be seen whether he’s more likely to play safety or wide receiver in college, but the vols have liked him for months and remain in the driver’s seat.

Reactions: 4 people
Hopefully Warren has Warrior ready to play to his potential soon

I could be wrong here but doesn't Shoop coach safeties? I was under the impression that Warren was CBs and Shoop was DC/Safeties.

Either way, I do think both coaches will have an impact on him in some way and I definitely think he will make a big leap from Year 1 to Year 2.

Warrior was fine at skill/technique. His lacking was assignment. That is Shoop's area and something Warrior has to spend some time studying.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back