Outside Linebacker
Ht: 6-3
Wt: 226
CLASS OF 17

Chandler Wooten, North Cobb, Outside Linebacker
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/168923
Chandler Wooten, North Cobb HS OLB - Scout
Chandler Wooten - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Has a UT offer and attended UT's Junior Day this past weekend.

“Today was great,” the 6-3, 229-pound Wooten offered. “It was great to finally get on campus see the facilities and meet with the coaches. My family really enjoyed ourselves.

“It exceeded all my expectations. It was great to finally see everything in person that I have seen online. It was great to see it in person and to visit with the coaches.”

Even though Tennessee had a lot of prospects on campus, Wooten said he got to spend a lot of time with the coaching staff, including starting his day off with the head coach.

“I definitely got to spend a lot of time with the coaches," Wooten said. "As soon as I got here I went straight up to coach (Butch) Jones' office along with my family. I definitely got to spend time with the coaches I wanted to talk to.

“We talked a lot about academics because that is very important to me. We talked a lot about what they offer academically. And of course after this year, they will need a couple of linebackers come to come in. They were just expressing their need for linebackers.”

Wooten, who will be a mid-term enrollee, has interest in being a broadcaster, a program he was impressed with on Saturday.

Wooten currently has plenty of options with 29 offers. Tennessee offered a year ago, but Saturday was Wooten's first chance to be on campus and it was a trip he was looking forward to.

“They offered me last April. I was supposed to come last November but something came up so I have been eyeing making this trip for a while," Wooten explained. “It was more than what I expected. It definitely opened my eyes a little bit.”

As for the football part, Wooten liked what he heard from defensive coordinator Bob Shoop in terms of how he would be used if he wore the orange and white.

“Basically his message to me was they don't really have a particular scheme," Wooten said. "Their scheme fits around the players they recruit. They feel like I can play inside and outside so they definitely see me coming in and being very active in their defense.”
-VQ.

Reactions: 10 people
“They were already one of my top schools without even being here,” Wooten said. “So that fact that I’ve finally been here and talked with the coaches in person, Tennessee is very high on my list right now.”

“Basically his (Shoop’s) message to me was they don’t really have a particular scheme,” Wooten said. “Their scheme fits around the players that they recruit. They definitely feel like I can play inside, outside. They definitely see me coming in and being very active for them on the defensive side of the ball.”

Top 5 of Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, and Auburn (no order)

-scout

Reactions: 1 person
"Georgia linebacker Chandler Wooten is expected on campus this weekend for a return trip. He was on campus earlier this month for the Vols' junior day."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 6 people
Wooten said the time with Shoop and Thigpen was invaluable and that he was able to see how he would fit in to the Tennessee defense of the future.

“As far as just sitting and watching film with them that was the best time I had sitting with a coach,” Wooten said. “They talked to me about some scheme stuff and they think I can be a very good linebacker at Tennessee. They see me playing wherever I fit into the scheme. They talked about playing inside or outside or even walking up and playing on the line.”

“What I bring to the table is versatility,” Wooten explained. “I can do a lot of things. Some guys can only play one position but I can do all three. I can do more things than not. You don’t have to take me out in packages because I can play in any situation.”

“They are definitely at the top. Tennessee is high on my list,” Wooten said.
-VQ.

Reactions: 10 people
Auburn guys considered us to be heavy favorites until UT came along and he started visiting. Now confidence is nowhere near as high. Was slated to commit on April 25 but looks to be waiting nkw

Reactions: 7 people
Certainly not thrilled. Tough going from Muschamp to Steele. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because I'm a fan but I'll admit it, I'd rather have your DC.

I think another thing is just the amount of changes your D has made over the last couple years. Lack of consistency can kill worse than a bad coach.

I think our old DC is still looking for a job. might give him a call.

I think another thing is just the amount of changes your D has made over the last couple years. Lack of consistency can kill worse than a bad coach.

I think our old DC is still looking for a job. might give him a call.

I think he went to South Florida iirc.

EDIT: Forgot it was as safety coach for them though, that is major demotion.

Last edited:
Nice! Crazy offer list... if we live up to expectations this class is going to be absolutely ridiculous

VN Store

Back