Mobile, AL
RR: 5.8
Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 235 lbs
Class: 2017

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/1733

Ryan Johnson, St. Paul's Episcopal, Strong-Side Defensive End

Ryan Johnson - Hudl

“i loved it,” johnson said. “it was definitely everything i expected it be. Everyone says the sec has the best facilities and they do. “i have been to lsu, auburn and alabama and i have seen their facilities and like i said, these at tennessee are the best i've been to. They haven't been matched.”

“the facilities are what stood out to me. I haven't seen any this good at other places i have visited," johnson explained. "then the coaches as well. They are really laid back and really care about me. It was my first time meeting coach (bob) shoop. He was telling me how i could fit into his scheme and how he fits his scheme around his players where they can succeed the most. I just love everything about it. “i met derek barnett. He was a great guy. I met kahlil mckenzie. They were all friendly. It's a place where i can see myself playing because everyone is so welcoming.”

“i didn't know anything about him,” johnson admitted. “he told me that he had previously worked at penn state and vandy and had top 15 defenses. I knew vandy had great defenses but i didn't know he was the coordinator at the time. He definitely has a background that shows what he does is successful. It's great to know that.

“they were saying they see me at a defensive end position, but depending on my weight, i could probably play inside and outside in the different schemes that coach shoop plays. There's definitely and opportunity to come in and play early.”

“it was all around a great day. I didn't see anything negative about it. Everything was great.”

- vq

Reactions: 12 people
“I haven’t seen, really, any (facilities) that’s this good, honestly. … I’ve been to Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and I’ve seen their facilities. And, like I said, this is the best I’ve been to. It hasn’t been matched, honestly.”

“I haven’t narrowed the list down, but they’ll be up there,” he said. “I’ll definitely be back during the season, and I’ll hopefully try to get up here for a spring practice to just see how they work and how they practice as a unit.”

“It was all around a great program,” Johnson said. “It was a great day. I mean, I didn’t see a down point about it or something that was just, ‘Aw, I wouldn’t like that.’ Everything was great.”

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back