'17 MS TE Chase Rogers (Former UT commit)

Great highlight reel and puts up top notch stats. Would be a great addition to the class

“It’s real big. That puts Tennessee number one my list, actually. Let’s put it that way,” said Rogers, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 565 overall prospect and No. 22 tight end in the 2017 class. “It crossed my mind (to commit), but then I decided to wait, sleep on it, take a few days — maybe two weeks — talk to my family, coach, feel them all out and get back with them. “But it looks pretty good, as of now. … It’ll be hard for other teams to beat them out.”

“I loved it,” the younger Rogers said. “I mean, the place is just beautiful itself, and then the facilities, of course. The people up there, they really made me feel like I was at home. We went to eat at (a local sports bar), and the waitress was talking to us, told me I’d love it, was real friendly. Everyone we talked to in the mall was friendly, the coaches — everyone. Me and (running backs) coach (Robert) Gillespie, we’re both from Mississippi, and we were like, ‘In Mississippi, we hug,’ so we were hugging each other. It felt like home, like a family up there.”

“I had no idea they were that state-of-the-art, top-notch, to be honest with you,” he said. The nutritionist and how they do that is pretty awesome, too. And I like how it’s all right there together. I mean, they’re building the new dorms right next door, so you’re going to have everything you need to do all right there — a one-stop shop, five minutes away from everything.”

“(Scott) loves me,” Rogers said. “He really likes that I can catch the ball and then run after the catch. That’s his big thing that he likes. And I’m just very athletic. I can outmatch my defenders and be a mismatch for whoever I go against — put me in the slot, or even at tight end I can block. I’m just really hard to bring down. It takes more than one person, and he really likes that, too. He feels like I’d fit in well.”

Rogers said Tennessee head coach Butch Jones also spoke highly of him during Saturday’s visit.

“When I first walked in the door to his office,” Rogers said, “he told me, ‘Man, I love watching your film. I watch it all the time just to watch it. I love the fire you play with, how athletic you are and how you can run with the ball.’”

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 6 people
Yeah, I like this kids film. Would like to see more blocking in tight formations to see how he does, but pass catching and YAC are definitely there. Looks like Daniel Helm's film.

Just watched his film. Anybody know what kind of competition he's playing against? He's just mauling people out there.

Junior Year - Chase Rogers highlights - Hudl

4A is decent competition down here. Most of the big boys are 6A. Teams down here will play some games above their classification and more times than not hold their own. All the OM, Bama, and LSU commits come out of 4A to 6A. Mainly 6A. Chase's team lost state to Noxubee County.

They did be D'iberville which is a 6A team.

Don't know if that helps.

Reactions: 1 person
Do you guys think we found him before he blows up? Because he doesn't have any good offers besides us and CAL? Just a question figured we found him before everybody else did?

Cc_NTLbUAAAOFLE.jpg:large

Reactions: 10 people
Do you guys think we found him before he blows up? Because he doesn't have any good offers besides us and CAL? Just a question figured we found him before everybody else did?

Ratings wise, it probably depends on what camps he attends and how he does.

Offer wise, comitting to us will probably get him checked out by more big programs and offers will follow.

BOOOOOOOM! Welcome to Rocky Top.

I love how CBJ isnt scared to offer a low rated player just because he doesnt have alot of big time offers. Great at finding Diamonds in the rough

Reactions: 1 person
Welcome young man

Work very very hard and keep your head on a swivel keeping all options at arms length

VN Store

Back