'18 AL QB James Foster

Things have been quiet for a long time with Foster. With things heating up for what's going to appear a big need for a QB in 2018 Foster stated in a podcast recently that he's in no hurry to make any decisions.

However, he did say despite all the rumors since he was from Bama that he's a Bama lock isn't true. Bama hasn't even thrown an offer my way he said. He said if he had to name his top 5 schools right now they would mostly be SEC schools.

Schools like Texas A&M, Mizzou, UT, & Miss State would definitely be in there with probably a school like UNC being that 5th school. It's still way early he said but he really does want to play for the SEC if possible.

News coming of what we just didn't need for this recruit. We have been after him for a long time & offered him quite some time ago. He's from Alabama as the thread title says. Well, today he received an official offer from yes Bama:
c53c8842204a1b5047b9e49c61886aa0.png

This I believe was what he was looking for as well. He has quite a few offers & we were said to be in his top 10 but now with the Bama offer I'd guess things just might be signed, sealed, & delivered for Mr. Foster to Bama. Oh well, Penix & Rogers are probably just as good if not better QB's anyhow. Thanks.

News coming of what we just didn't need for this recruit. We have been after him for a long time & offered him quite some time ago. He's from Alabama as the thread title says. Well, today he received an official offer from yes Bama:
c53c8842204a1b5047b9e49c61886aa0.png

This I believe was what he was looking for as well. He has quite a few offers & we were said to be in his top 10 but now with the Bama offer I'd guess things just might be signed, sealed, & delivered for Mr. Foster to Bama. Oh well, Penix & Rogers are probably just as good if not better QB's anyhow. Thanks.

I understand what you're saying, but just because Bama offers doesn't mean it's over. If he goes to Bama, then we will deal with it. I know that the players are not afraid of Bama, so I am not either.

Stfu tony. We haven't been after this kid at all

You're wrong Gucci. We most certainly have been after Foster. Penix was ahead of him but he's interested in us & we are interested in him.

From James Foster himself today. "Tennessee is definitely in my top 3 schools. They have impressed me. I would say they have a really good shot. They have it all that I'm looking for."
-Per 247 Sports

That was just a partial clip of what Foster had to say about us & some other stuff about himself. I was wrong then. Going by that then the Bama offer most certainly isn't a lock for him it appears.

Mr. Foster has visited UT 3 times already & plans a 4th visit soon.

Last edited:
Stfu tony. We haven't been after this kid at all

Umm, k?

BUFORD, Ga. --- The routine is the same each day for James Foster. The dual-threat quarterback from Montgomery, Ala., wakes up, checks his phone and sees a text message waiting from Tennessee quarterbacks coach Mike Canales.

"We talk every day," Foster told GoVols247's Ryan Callahan on Sunday at the Nike Football The Opening Regional at Buford High School.

Foster, who worked out on Sunday with a Tennessee towel on his right hip and a Tennessee wrist band on his left wrist, listed his top schools as, in order, Missouri, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Louisville, Southern Miss, Mississippi State and North Carolina State.

A 6-foot-3, 210-pound three-star prospect in the 2018 class, Foster according to the industry-generated 247Sports composite rankings is the No. 17 dual-threat quarterback in his class, the No. 14 overall prospect out of Alabama and No. 513 nationally.

Foster has quickly built a bond with Canales since Tennessee's new quarterbacks coach was hired by Butch Jones in January.

"We talked on the phone the week he got there, just getting to know each other, things like that," Foster said. "He's a pretty cool coach.

"He said he sees that I can run, but that I use my arm more. He says I use my legs if I want to, so I'm really classified as a passer."

Foster has visited Tennessee three times and plans to make another visit before the summer. He's planning to commit to a school this summer in either June or July, with distance from home not playing a role in his decision.

"I went to the Alabama game this past year, had a great time there," Foster said of his past Tennessee visits. "As a matter of fact, Coach Jones text me last night. He was asking when I was coming up there, stuff like that. I should plan a visit there real soon."

It's the atmosphere, Foster added, that stands out most about Tennessee.

"Definitely the fan base," he said. "They pack it out, all the orange. They have a great fan base. I really love the fan base."-247

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I was perusing the Mizzou Rivals board, there is a thread on this guy. For what it's worth, someone linked a twitter message stating Foster has Mizzou as his top choice. I don't know how to link it, but here is the address. Also, no idea who this Triebsch guy is. Just thought I'd share.

https://twitter.com/etriebsch/status/846028082016403460

If you would have looked at the post right before yours, the 3rd paragraph says the same thing.

if this kid actually wants to go to missouri over everyone else that offered, I question his judgement lol

if this kid actually wants to go to missouri over everyone else that offered, I question his judgement lol

Yeah... I get that for some people it's an easy option. They grew up loving the school, they live close and their family can watch them play, or maybe the scholarships just make it a smart financial option. What I don't get is why players would move hundreds, if not thousands of miles away to play there.

There goes another possible QB for us down the drain. Mizzou? They weren't even in his top 5 last time I checked. We were ranked his 4th or 5th favorite school but for whatever reason he picked Mizzou. That's crazy!

I'd guess it means he was probably further down our list and his offer wasn't currently commitable. I think the staff is waiting on Martinez, and that is why there is possible optimism of a commit this weekend, or perhaps soon after.

There goes another possible QB for us down the drain. Mizzou? They weren't even in his top 5 last time I checked. We were ranked his 4th or 5th favorite school but for whatever reason he picked Mizzou. That's crazy!

yea man I don't get it either.. the good thing is we will get to hit him in the mouth in a few years

I'd guess it means he was probably further down our list and his offer wasn't currently commitable. I think the staff is waiting on Martinez, and that is why there is possible optimism of a commit this weekend, or perhaps soon after.

I hope we can get Martinez to flip too chris. But, if we don't then our hopes remain with Rogers or Penix in all reality for a solid QB anyhow. Mayden would be another one that we could get that's a pretty good QB as well.

Other possibilities at QB are Loving, Lowe, Bohanon, Cooper, Brevin White, & Barrett. The last few mentioned are decent QB's but not on the level of Martinez or Rogers. Mayden may be the closest comparison to those guys as far as skills go. Thanks.

I hope we can get Martinez to flip too chris. But, if we don't then our hopes remain with Rogers or Penix in all reality for a solid QB anyhow. Mayden would be another one that we could get that's a pretty good QB as well.

Other possibilities at QB are Loving, Lowe, Bohanon, Cooper, Brevin White, & Barrett. The last few mentioned are decent QB's but not on the level of Martinez or Rogers. Mayden may be the closest comparison to those guys as far as skills go. Thanks.

I think the staff and a few people are too high on the Martinez flip.. hes committed, yes its only a verbal.. but I still think we could push harder for other uncommitted QBs that are still available.

Mayden is one of my favorites.. hes out of texas so he gets a boost from me:).. but I also think sitowski would be a good qb to go after.. idk if he fits our system and he is more of a QD, pocket passer type, but he can still move..
Penix would be nice fits as well

Last edited:
I think the staff and a few people are too high on the Martinez flip.. hes committed, yes its only a verbal.. but I still think we could push harder for other uncommitted QBs that are still available.

Mayden is one of my favorites.. hes out of texas so he gets a boost from me:).. but I also think sitowski would be a good qb to go after.. idk if he fits our system and he is more of a QD, pocket passer type, but he can still move..
Penix would be nice fits as well

You do know that Sitkowski has already committed to Miami don't you? I see no flipping coming there.

I think the staff is pretty high on Will McBride too, so there may be less urgency from the staff to gamble on a questionable QB prospect than fans realize.

VN Store

Back