'18 SC DE Stephon Wynn Jr

Dad was a Clemson tiger. I like this kid. Very good player and nice frame.
I would be very surprised if we ever have a shot at him.
He Loves some Clemson!

"Wynn has been to Tennessee a few times and has quickly jumped up the Vols' board of most wanted defensive linemen. He's genuinely interested in Tennessee and he should be at a game this fall."

- VQ

Reactions: 4 people
"The 6-foot-5, 255-pound Wynn was in Knoxville recently to see his first Tennessee game.

“I thought it was an incredible atmosphere. It was my first time at a stadium with over 100,000," Wynn said. "That was something that was very unique and cool to me. I really thought a lot of that."

Wynn has now visited Tennessee three times as he camped at Tennessee's each of the last two summers. “I just love the area it’s in. Tennessee is a great place. I get a great feeling any time I’m there. I get a lot of love from the coaches and the fans love you there. It’s a growing program," Wynn said. "They started out slow the past couple of years and they’ve been improving and are now one of the top teams in the country. They are a team you look forward to coming up in the next couple of years."

Wynn noted Tennessee, Clemson, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and LSU are all schools recruiting him hard right now but isn't close to making any decision or even narrowing things down. “I haven’t decided to cut a list or anything because I’m still evaluating schools and still trying to visit as many schools as I can," he said.

"They love my size and my potential to play three technique or stay on the outside in college. I have long arms and I’m athletic and have great hips and I’m pretty good coming off the ball," Wynn explained. "I can get really good extension on linemen and I think that’s one of my strengths in being a three technique. I have my long arms going against a possibly shorter guard and that gives me an advantage. Those are some of the things coaches tell me about my game.”

- VQ

Reactions: 5 people
"The 6-foot-5, 255-pound Wynn was in Knoxville recently to see his first Tennessee game.

“I thought it was an incredible atmosphere. It was my first time at a stadium with over 100,000," Wynn said. "That was something that was very unique and cool to me. I really thought a lot of that."

Wynn has now visited Tennessee three times as he camped at Tennessee's each of the last two summers. “I just love the area it’s in. Tennessee is a great place. I get a great feeling any time I’m there. I get a lot of love from the coaches and the fans love you there. It’s a growing program," Wynn said. "They started out slow the past couple of years and they’ve been improving and are now one of the top teams in the country. They are a team you look forward to coming up in the next couple of years."

Wynn noted Tennessee, Clemson, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and LSU are all schools recruiting him hard right now but isn't close to making any decision or even narrowing things down. “I haven’t decided to cut a list or anything because I’m still evaluating schools and still trying to visit as many schools as I can," he said.

"They love my size and my potential to play three technique or stay on the outside in college. I have long arms and I’m athletic and have great hips and I’m pretty good coming off the ball," Wynn explained. "I can get really good extension on linemen and I think that’s one of my strengths in being a three technique. I have my long arms going against a possibly shorter guard and that gives me an advantage. Those are some of the things coaches tell me about my game.”

- VQ

Looks like we are in it but we will have to work hard to get him I am sure. Thanks Ron. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
This kid appears to be Clemson all the way. I'd say we have about a 20% chance right now but he's at least 80% Clemson. The Tigers is all he likes to talk about in most articles/interviews.

STEPHON WYNN

Defensive end

6-4, 260 pounds

IMG Academy, Bradenton, Fla.

247Sports Composite rating: Four stars (0.9601)

Wynn, a top-100 prospect who recently transferred to IMG Academy from T.L. Hanna High School in Anderson, S.C., received an offer from Tennessee nearly a year ago and has visited the Vols multiple times. On Dec. 31, he named a top eight that included the Vols, along with Clemson, South Carolina, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, North Carolina and Virginia Tech.

- 247 (Callahan)

Note that he transferred to IMG Academy.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back