'17 NJ LB Drew Singleton

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us go after him. Linebacker is obviously a huge need going into next year

Only recorded stat is a 5 yard kickreturn against SMU. Probably was a squib orinsides. Dont see any tackles

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us go after him. Linebacker is obviously a huge need going into next year
I am not a fan of getting a bunch of transfers unless they can be in the two deep at their position. I would rather have 4* freshmen than two of the ones we have.

I am not a fan of getting a bunch of transfers unless they can be in the two deep at their position. I would rather have 4* freshmen than two of the ones we have.
True, but last cycle was different. We didn’t miss out on any 4* recruits for this season and the objective was to fill holes as fast as possible.

And while those grad transfers are taking spots from the upcoming class, the ‘19 class won’t help us in November of 2018.

Reactions: cncchris33
True, but last cycle was different. We didn’t miss out on any 4* recruits for this season and the objective was to fill holes as fast as possible.

And while those grad transfers are taking spots from the upcoming class, the ‘19 class won’t help us in November of 2018.
Agreed. We didn't take London or Chryst over any 4* Freshman last year. They helped fill immediate holes and were both one year commitments. Hard to compare grad transfers to normal transfers. Immediate eligibility and normally only being a one year commitment make them less risky. They generally aren't available until well after signing day either, so it's much less likely they prevent you from signing another freshman.

Agreed. We didn't take London or Chryst over any 4* Freshman last year. They helped fill immediate holes and were both one year commitments. Hard to compare grad transfers to normal transfers. Immediate eligibility and normally only being a one year commitment make them less risky. They generally aren't available until well after signing day either, so it's much less likely they prevent you from signing another freshman.
my math may be a bit off but if he was a '17 recruit he would have at least 2 years here to play. maybe 3 w/ RS. not a one and done guy at all.

No, Singleton is definitely a traditional transfer. No question there. I was saying that the two players we took as transfers last year (Chryst and London) don’t fit that description, as they were grad transfers. Hard to compare grad transfers with traditional transfers on how they affect the makeup of your program and the affect felt in recruiting (choosing a transfer over a HS SR).

VN Store

Back