'17 4* OH DE James Hudson III

Long way till NSD. If he comes for a visit, I like our chances to flip him.

He has had offers from Penn State and Michigan State recently. The interest for him is definitely on the rise.

Only players I want to flip out of Ohio are those committed to OSU.

There's a ton of talent in Ohio. For 2016, 9 of the top 15 players didn't go to OSU. Not even the top player. Guys like Nathan Niehaus or Hudson are steals in that area.

There's a ton of talent in Ohio. For 2016, 9 of the top 15 players didn't go to OSU. Not even the top player. Guys like Nathan Niehaus or Hudson are steals in that area.

I agree. Lots of talent in Ohio.

Fwiw, osu only didn't get 2 that they wanted in Ohio this past cycle. 2 OL that were both Catholic and went to ND.

I agree. Lots of talent in Ohio.

Fwiw, osu only didn't get 2 that they wanted in Ohio this past cycle. 2 OL that were both Catholic and went to ND.

I'm not saying OSU missed on a ton of guys. They do what they do and recruit well outside of the state too. But there's a ton of talent that can be spread around besides OSU.

Unfortunately I live in Toledo and have attended Central Catholics games...Kids a monster!

It's not really the place to ask, and UT isn't involved, but did you personally get to see Warren, the RB at all? He's a UK commit along with Hudson.

Guys like Nathan Niehaus are steals in that area.

Haven't seen anyone yet who doesn't consider him a project. He may turn out to be awesome in 3-4 years, but CUM reloads with NFL ready recruits like CNS.

I'd prefer we focus our resources in the more target rich areas and I question whether Ohio could be considered target rich considering the Big 10 bias? Yes, if we work hard enough we can always find one we'd like, but there may be better spots to cast our nets. If I'm spending time in Ohio, that's time I can't spend in Atlanta, Nashville, North Carolina, and Florida which have proven to be our most productive areas.

Reactions: 2 people
It's not really the place to ask, and UT isn't involved, but did you personally get to see Warren, the RB at all? He's a UK commit along with Hudson.

Yes, he's elite talent.

Elite talent in this area......Chuck Webb is from Toledo!!

I will be sure to wear Orange at the one or two games I attend this year.

Last edited:
Haven't seen anyone yet who doesn't consider him a project. He may turn out to be awesome in 3-4 years, but CUM reloads with NFL ready recruits like CNS.

I'd prefer we focus our resources in the more target rich areas and I question whether Ohio could be considered target rich considering the Big 10 bias? Yes, if we work hard enough we can always find one we'd like, but there may be better spots to cast our nets. If I'm spending time in Ohio, that's time I can't spend in Atlanta, Nashville, North Carolina, and Florida which have proven to be our most productive areas.

Thought I had already responded, guess not.

I'm not saying these are 5* guys, but they are D1 talent that won't get as much attention. Niehaus is more of a project, but guys like Hudson are huge for programs like UK. UT has the ability to go to GA, NC, a lot of places and get elite talent. UK has to settle for their Ohio connections and get the 2nd pickings after the elite school, or hope that some slip through the cracks. Ohio produces talent, UK will continue to mine the area.

Yes, he's elite talent.

Elite talent in this area, Chuck Webb is from Toledo!!

I will be sure to wear Orange at the one or two games I attend this year.

Thanks. I like what I've seen on his tape.

Reactions: 1 person
“I’ve been talking to coach (Steve) Stripling a lot and coach (Nick) Sheridan,” Hudson said. “Of course Tennessee has a great tradition and they’re just a great school. That’s why I’m interested

“From growing up watching them I know they are a great school and they always put people in the NFL like Peyton Manning.”

Hudson has yet to see Tennessee in person but plans to make his way to Knoxville in two weeks for a trip during his spring break.

“I’m looking forward to going down there,” Hudson said. “I’m hoping to connect with the coaches and just see what they have to offer.”

It won’t be easy for the Vols to wrestle Hudson away from the Wildcats as he believes in what the coaches are building in Lexington.

“I’ve been committed to Kentucky since July. Kentucky is building a great program there,” Hudson explained. “The coaching staff is great. I would love to be a part of a program that’s on the rise, part of something great, something that will be remembered.”

But, he also admits he’s seen the trajectory of the Vols under Butch Jones. From five wins, to seven, to nine this past year has caught his attention as well.

“I pay attention to all the schools that are doing that. That’s one of the main reasons I like Tennessee,” Hudson said.
-VQ.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back