'17 NC RB Javon Leake

Tennessee offered Leake less than an hour later “I actually camped at Tennessee last summer, so I was able to see the facilities and how the athletes are treated,” he said. “I’m definitely visiting this spring. “Since last summer at the camp, I’ve developed a great relationship with (running backs) coach (Robert) Gillespie and he’s always honest with me. So when he called an offered, I was really excited.”

Tennessee and South Carolina join North Carolina as his top three schools.

Scout

Reactions: 4 people
Very good player.
He has almost zero blocking yet still gets yardage

Not sure who the gentleman is handing him the award (dad?), but God bless him for his service. What an awesome thread pic. Good choice, OP.

Reactions: 2 people
“The coaches really care for their players,” Leake said of his impressions of Tennessee. “They like to see how I’m doing and we talk a lot. I know the football program is good and they are getting better. I can’t wait to get up there and learn more.”

“Coach Gillespie keeps it real. We come from the same background and I feel like I can relate to him really good,” Leake said. “Thats real big because it’s your position coach that you’re around the most and the guy that you’ll be with for four years.”

-Fortenberry

"As for guys on campus, Chandler Wooten was in as was Trevor Lawrence and Javon Leake. If you read our story on Leake earlier this week you know he's already high on Tennessee so that one could be one worth watching down the road."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 2 people
“They’re probably going to be losing two really good running backs so someone is going to be able to come in and have a chance to play early on as a freshman. That’s really attractive,” Leak said.

Leake was one of the most impressive running backs in attendance at last week’s Rivals Camp Series stop in Charlotte. He displayed excellent speed and quickness but also showed as one of the most versatile players in the camp with his ability transition into a receiver. Leake is a crisp route runner with a solid pair of hands, a factor that college coaches have certainly taking note of.

“I think being versatile enough to catch the ball and be a part of the passing game, whether as a blocker or a receiver is very important,” Leake said. “I take that part of my game seriously, I don’t consider myself to be only a runner, I want to be thought of as a complete back.”

“They’re in my top three right now, it’s Tennessee, South Carolina and UNC, those are my favorites now,” Leake said of his leaders.

- VQ

He would work well as a change of pace back.

Hes pretty tough running downhill.

Theres a couple of quality backs we're in on.
Him and Chandler are similar, but we would still be in good shape if we landed both.

He would work well as a change of pace back.

Hes pretty tough running downhill.

Theres a couple of quality backs we're in on.
Him and Chandler are similar, but we would still be in good shape if we landed both.

You sure he's not defensive minded, and wouldn't make an excellent LB/S? 😄

You sure he's not defensive minded, and wouldn't make an excellent LB/S? 😄

Nah. He's like a real life Darnell Jefferson.
Omar Epps (The Program)

He's instant offense. And he's got a lot of juice in him'

VN Store

Back