'19 TN DE Ani Izuchukwu

from the Rivals camp in Columbus, OH - 4/12

Recruiting wrap: Izuchukwu has early offers from LSU, Tennessee and Memphis.

Performance: Just a freshman, the 6-foot-4, 226-pounder was one of the most physically impressive prospects in attendance. With just a year of football under his belt, he’s still very raw, but that didn’t stop him from having his share of success against older, more experienced offensive linemen. Once he learns better technique to go along with his raw physical ability, he will be unstoppable coming off the edge.

Reactions: 5 people
Ani is very raw but crazy athletic and super fast. He is in my DL group at NPA, and goes against Wray and Big O weekly. He's only played football since being taken in by the Fitzgerald family. When he cm to the US from Nigeria he was chasing hoop dreams. Buck told him at his size he was more destined for success in football. The kid has been nothing short of hard working and a sponge for the knowledge of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
BREAKING: "Bob Kesling, the voice of the Tennessee Volunteers, considers retirement starting in February 2019."

- CMN (Completely Madeup News)

BREAKING: "Bob Kesling, the voice of the Tennessee Volunteers, considers retirement starting in February 2019."

- CMN (Completely Madeup News)

I was think the very same thing as soon as I saw his name.LOL

14_4788446.jpg

Position - DE
Height/Weight - 6'4"/230
Home - Nashville, TN
School - (Davidson Academy)

SCOUT - Ani Izuchukwu, Davidson Academy DE - Scout

247 - Ani Izuchukwu, Davidson Academy, Weak-Side Defensive End

HUDL - Izuchukwu Ani - Hudl

Offers - Bama, Kentucky, LSU, Memphis, MissSt, Ole Miss, USCe, UT

What's the early thinking on this guy? We in a good spot?

I read something a good while back on him & we wasn't towards the top of his lists at that time. Seems to me like Memphis & LSU was top 2 but probably Memphis because of Eze going there.

That was a while ago & from 247 Sports right now there's no school listed in the "warm" or "warmer" zone.

I read something a good while back on him & we wasn't towards the top of his lists at that time. Seems to me like Memphis & LSU was top 2 but probably Memphis because of Eze going there.

That was a while ago & from 247 Sports right now there's no school listed in the "warm" or "warmer" zone.

With no school listed in the "warm" or "warmer" zone, we are totally in the dark here.

With no school listed in the "warm" or "warmer" zone, we are totally in the dark here.

Right. It just means basically all teams to the recruit are equal at this time. Plus, I don't put as much stock into that "warm" & "warmer" category anymore either. I have my own reasons. If it says "favorite" though then take note of that for any recruit. Thanks!

Not true at all. They're clearly listed alphabetically in order of favorite to least favorite. So, basically, we now know why Alabama is so good at recruiting while we're perpetually screwed.

Not true at all. They're clearly listed alphabetically in order of favorite to least favorite. So, basically, we now know why Alabama is so good at recruiting while we're perpetually screwed.

In the sports world that's why Alabama is listed first in the alphabet. :)

So true. I don't know what I was thinking.

From Rivals:

DE Ani Izuchukwu

Recruiting wrap: Alabama, Tennessee and LSU are among the schools in the mix for Izuchukwu.

Performance: A native of Nigeria, Izuchukwu has played just one year of varsity football, but that didn’t stop him from going toe-to-toe with some of the camp’s best offensive linemen in St. Louis. When he trusts his instincts he’s extremely fast off the ball, and on some occasions even when it looked like the offensive lineman had the advantage, he found a way to use his athleticism to win the rep. In terms of upside, Izuchukwu has one of the highest ceilings of any lineman in the 2019 class.

VN Store

Back