'18 TN QB Gavin Schoenwald

BA's 2nd-team QB last fall behind junior Jeremiah Oatsvall. Completed 31 of 44 pass attempts for 494 yards & 8 TDs with 2 INTs.

wants to play QB in college but TN coaches could see him as a Tight End

according to post on facebook, he committed to UT

I'm going to watch his film, because whether true or not if he's good enough for our coaches he's good enough for me (not that it matters :) ), but out of curiosity what does this say about our chances with Trevor Lawrence if true?

Also as to not derail the thread, since another poster mentioned he was a backup last season and had pretty decent stats, I wonder if he'll be the starter this fall and if he'll start getting more national attention.

I'm going to watch his film, because whether true or not if he's good enough for our coaches he's good enough for me (not that it matters :) ), but out of curiosity what does this say about our chances with Trevor Lawrence if true?

Also as to not derail the thread, since another poster mentioned he was a backup last season and had pretty decent stats, I wonder if he'll be the starter this fall and if he'll start getting more national attention.

This staff ain't putting all their chips on one player. The other programs recruiting Lawrence certainly aren't. Thought it was more interesting that this is another pro-style QB. Doesn't Butch know they don't fit his offense? :)

This staff ain't putting all their chips on one player. The other programs recruiting Lawrence certainly aren't. Thought it was more interesting that this is another pro-style QB. Doesn't Butch know they don't fit his offense? :)

Idk, do you BUTCHna?

Okay I'm done with the jokes. I get that, but I've read we're in very good standing with Lawrence. Does it hurt our chances? Plus, I've read a quote from Lawrence where the coaches like his abilities so much they've apparently said they'd tailor the offense to fit his, and he wouldn't mind playing in a spread.

Perhaps that's the case for Schoenwald too.

Reactions: 1 person
Idk, do you BUTCHna?

Okay I'm done with the jokes. I get that, but I've read we're in very good standing with Lawrence. Does it hurt our chances? Plus, I've read a quote from Lawrence where the coaches like his abilities so much they've apparently said they'd tailor the offense to fit his, and he wouldn't mind playing in a spread.

Perhaps that's the case for Schoenwald too.

We're beyond the defeatism where we have to coddle ONE recruit. Make the program something HE wants to be a part of and don't recruit scared. You can't wait for him to turn us down before we look at other potential prospects. Bama held a camp for QB prospects to compete for the ONE offer they were giving out two years ago. David Cornwell "won". FSU,Clemson and Georgia are recruiting Lawrence...and others. We're in excellent shape with Lawrence, but we have other options.

...I wonder if he'll be the starter this fall and if he'll start getting more national attention.

It'll be very tough for him to beat out rising senior Oatsvall, who accounted for over 3,100 yards of total offense & 30 TDs last year, but maybe Oatsvall will move to WR or RB?

Very nice frame w length
Will make a very nice TE if he develops tenacity to block
Obviously very athletic if he plays basketball and qb
Brentwood kid they have all been tough and smart
I like it

Within less than a week after the Brentwood (Tenn.) Academy sophomore’s most recent visit, the Volunteers issued him his first scholarship offer.

“I like what they’re about. A lot of (schools) talk about ‘Let’s try to win eight games,’ or ‘Let’s try to win nine games,’ but (Tennessee is) full in to win a national championship next year,” Schoenwald said. “If you talk about it then you better be about it, and they are for sure all about it.”

Scout

Reactions: 5 people
“I’ve always been really high on Tennessee. I love it. It’s my home-state school, and I really take pride in that,” said Schoenwald, who’s expected to be one of the top prospects from the state of Tennessee in the 2018 class" -247

rare

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back