17 TN DB Theo Jackson (UT signee)

BigorangeBoy

Plays for Overton, came to Jr day and walked away with an offer. Lots of buzz about this young man's measurables and skill set. Coaches offered him today, I think he is #9 rated player in TN

Reactions: 2 people
Very good athlete. I actually like him on the offensive side better.

One of the best things about this staff.They recruit with their own eyes.Also they are not afraid to be the first one in the water.I like that maybe more than any thing they do.Watch this kid blow up.

Reactions: 8 people
Kid can tačkle and is very impressive as a wr he goes up and gets the ball not waiting for it to fall into his hands

Kid said his "heart dropped" after Jones offered him a scholarship. Story on VQ about it. Sounds like we are the team to beat.

“As soon as he said it my heart dropped. This is the offer I had been waiting for,” Jackson explained. “This is really special. My family can come watch me play. I can stay home and friends can see me.

“I started playing for a little league teamed called the Vols and I grew up watching them every Saturday.”

“My versatility is what they tell me they like,” Jackson explained. “I can play anywhere in the defensive backfield.”

Jackson says he could make a decision within the next month but first wants to visit a few other schools. He will be back in Knoxville for the spring game and likely camp in the summer

- VQ

Reactions: 5 people
I'm surprised he doesn't have more offers. He's tall and rangy, he can jump well, and he has good ball skills.

Definitely a take.

I'm surprised he doesn't have more offers. He's tall and rangy, he can jump well, and he has good ball skills.

Definitely a take.

Definitely a take. But dang what's it take to get a pledge? Lol. The offer about killed the kid out of excitement and he's like "ummm I think I'll wait just a bit"

Definitely a take. But dang what's it take to get a pledge? Lol. The offer about killed the kid out of excitement and he's like "ummm I think I'll wait just a bit"

May not have been a "committable offer."

The ultimate oxymoron: a non-committable offer.

How is his speed? competition. I haven't watched any film to know. but as a RF frequent visitor I find it amusing the juxtaposition between the talk of taking questionable commits too soon and having to cut them vs this year people freaking out that we haven't taken anyone yet.

How is his speed? competition. I haven't watched any film to know. but as a RF frequent visitor I find it amusing the juxtaposition between the talk of taking questionable commits too soon and having to cut them vs this year people freaking out that we haven't taken anyone yet.

I think he has terrific speed. And he's one of those guys who is, not coincidentally, in the right place at the right time, a ball hawk. 6-2 with his length... He's like a leaner Jacoby.

I'm interested in Breaker's take...

VN Store

Back