'18 GA QB Emory Jones (Ohio State commit)

He plays about 30 minutes from where I live. That county and area of Georgia isn't well known for producing a lot of talent. Anyone know what division Heard County is in? I want to say 3A or 4A.

In before we offered him because we lost Trevor Lawrence to Clemson.

:)

Last edited:
He plays about 30 minutes from where I live. That county and area of Georgia isn't well known for producing a lot of talent. Anyone know what division Heard County is in? I want to say 3A or 4A.

2A....

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
"Most people have heard of Trevor Lawrence, but don't sleep on Emory Jones. The Vols offered some time ago and his athleticism and character have Tennessee very high on him at this time."

- VQ

Reactions: 8 people
I believe that our offense works with both pro-style and dual threat. The offense can be adjusted to accentuate the strengths of each...especially as our OL gets to be more of a machine. That being said, I'm wondering if this isn't a better fit. He won't need to be THE GUY for the two years that JG (most likely) is manning that spot.

Reactions: 2 people
Orange Venom. If you wander by this thread, would you compare E Jones skill level to what Deshawn Watson was at this age?

Steve Wiltfong: Absolutely love where #Tennessee stands with Top100 QB Emory Jones after talking to him this AM

...Needless to say, he went ahead and CB'd us. Bud Elliot did as well this morning

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
Sounds like Lawrence might have decided to lean toward the pro style offense in Athens, well I'll be ok with the best duel threat QB in '18

Steve Wiltfong: Absolutely love where #Tennessee stands with Top100 QB Emory Jones after talking to him this AM

...Needless to say, he went ahead and CB'd us. Bud Elliot did as well this morning

More than ok with this. The usuals will countenance this as "losing" Lawrence but I'm impressed.

No, because he is getting CBs to us and we seem to be very interested combined with all the talk of Lawrence liking Georgia a lot

VN Store

Back