'17 CA OL Kanan Ray

Kanan Ray, Sierra Canyon, Offensive Guard

Offensive guard Kanan Ray of Sierra Canyon School in Chatsworth, Calif., posted on his Twitter account Friday that he has received a scholarship offer from Tennessee, his "childhood dream school."

"GOD IS GOOD," Ray tweeted. "Blessed to say I received an Offer from my childhood dream school, the University of Tennessee #GoVols."

It was at least the sixth offer in the past nine days for the 6-foot-4, 275-pound Ray. He holds offers from at least nine teams, including UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, Washington State, Colorado State, Hawaii, San Diego State and San Jose State.

-Callahan, 247

Calif. OL gets 'dream' offer from Tennessee

Reactions: 10 people
Land him and we may have some vicious competition at OT in Fall 17'. Our 3 guys for 16' probably RS.

That baby photo in the tweets thread is awesome. Sign him up.

I'll put it here too for posterity. Looks like his parents raised him right.

CbCDDm4VIAAorqw.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
Ray's family is from The Volunteer State, and his uncle featured on Tennessee's 1998 National Championship team. Although he grew up on the opposite coast, those familial ties surely run deep.

At 6-foot-4, 275 pounds, Ray can play virtually anywhere along the offensive line (save for center). He's physical, quick, and athletic enough to compete early in his career.

Is Tennessee primed to land talented '17 California offensive lineman? | FOX Sports

Ray is in the neighborhood of 6’4”, 265-270 pounds, with the frame and commitment to the game to pack on 30-40 more pounds to be a top next level talent. The California born but Tennessee raised product moves really well for his size, is sound on both sides of the ball with his technique, and plays with a needed nasty streak once the ball is snapped.
Interview: Sierra Canyon 2017 OL/DL Kanan Ray Talks about USC Visit – Recruiting News Guru

Sierra Canyon 2017 OL/DL Kanan Ray Talks NSD and Flurry of D-I Offers – Recruiting News Guru

California OT Kanan Ray on several teams' radar - Today's "U"

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
I guess I'm just a HughTard and cannot find it, but who is his uncle they talk about? Did he play for UT on the 1998 team?

EDIT: Sorry PainDoc, I started to post this and was interrupted by an employee. How dare they while I am on Volnation on company time ....:)

Reactions: 1 person
I guess I'm just a HughTard and cannot find it, but who is his uncle they talk about? Did he play for UT on the 1998 team?

EDIT: Sorry PainDoc, I started to post this and was interrupted by an employee. How dare they while I am on Volnation on company time ....:)

No worries...my nurses are the same way

VN Store

Back