'19 TN CB Wesley Walker (transfer commit to UT)

SO 6'1" as a freshman clearly means he will be 6'8" senior and we will move to Power Forward.

Reactions: 2 people
walker, who started multiple games at ensworth as a freshman, said he was planning to attend tennessee's junior day feb. 20 even before he learned of his offer from the vols. He's expected to be one of the top prospects from the state of tennessee in the 2019 class.

Reactions: 1 person
If you say their names really fast they sound almost identical. I simply refuse to believe that's a coincidence.

65a7dcd143aed526e1ebc4a59d634b63b449622383b1b0f9d4facba18cc959f0.jpg

Looks impressive to be a freshman. Definitely a good school to have a pipeline running our way.

walker said he found out about the offer from one of his coaches, who had talked with new tennessee defensive coordinator bob shoop.

“i guess they looked at my (film on) hudl and they liked it, and they called my coaches, and one of my coaches told me that they gave me the offer,” said walker, who’s expected to be one of the top prospects from tennessee in the 2019 class.

“my uncle, he’s always been a ut fan, so it wore off on me, kind of, because i’m a fan of them, too,” walker said. “i grew up liking lsu, but ut is one of my favorite teams, too.”

“i play corner right now,” he said, “but i feel like i’ll develop into a safety.”

Reactions: 2 people
The top-100 sophomore defensive back from Nashville’s Ensworth High School said Tennessee and LSU currently are standing out to him among the five schools pursuing him, and the Vols have made him feel “like I’m a priority for them” during each of his visits to Knoxville over the past year.

“Of course, LSU, Tennessee, those two are probably my top right now,” Walker said during a recent National Playmakers Academy open workout at Tennessee State University. “But I’ll start exploring which school’s right for me in the summer and spring.”

“I feel like they really want me to come to their program,” said Walker, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 95 overall prospect and No. 8 cornerback in the 2019 class. “From talking to them, just what they’re telling me and stuff, I feel like I’m a priority for them.”

“The UT visit was really good,” Walker said. “I liked the atmosphere. I got to stay up there that night, too, so I got to come back the next day and stuff. I ate in the lounge with a lot of the recruits, and then we got to go in the locker room, too, so I got to talk to the players. I talked to Rashaan Gaulden and Alvin Kamara. They were just, like, influencing me to come there, (saying) it’s a great school, great football program. I liked it. It made me feel like I was a priority. I got to talk to Coach (Butch) Jones, and he made me feel like they want me there. He made a strong point on, like, he wants in-state guys. He wants to keep us in-state, and I do think about that a lot.”

“A couple years ago, they weren’t in the discussion to be a top-15 team, top-10 team. (I like) just the jump they’ve made,” he said. "Really, just consistency is what they need. They got off to a great start (this season), so they just really need to find consistency. I mean, they could be in the national championship if they had consistency.”

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 3 people
“my uncle, he’s always been a ut fan, so it wore off on me, kind of, because i’m a fan of them, too,” walker said. “i grew up liking lsu, but ut is one of my favorite teams, too.”

33e5c828e76add806c4b3c300da3690eecff4dc796c28534c1c4274bd01aeef2.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back