'31 CA ATH Robert Reese Neyland IX

Big Orange Jeff

No stat line yet, but here's a Facebook post from RRN VII on 11/23/2013:

My oldest son, Robbie, and his wife, Angela Neyland, had a healthy baby boy on Thursday! He is Robert Reese Neyland IX. So proud of Robbie and Angela. I see a lot of great times to come with my first grand child.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Is this really the Vol Neyland family? If nothing else could someone please ask them how the last name is pronounced, so that we can put the debate to rest? :thumbsup:

Per my source that is the nephew of a guy that eats Chinese food on Tuesday nights with one of the GA's cousins....kid will be the first ever 6 star recruit. TIFWIW JMO

Reactions: 1 person
Is this really the Vol Neyland family? If nothing else could someone please ask them how the last name is pronounced, so that we can put the debate to rest? :thumbsup:

There is no debate. It's always been Knee-Land. If you've been saying Nay-land you've been saying it wrong.

If he is the 9th Robert Reese Neyland the generations have been being born, having offspring then dying in an extremely short time span. Nine generations in 70 or so years?

Military academy?

Yep, at West Point. One of my favorite stories, taken from utsports.com:

During a 1915 game against Syracuse, Army trailed by one and had a runner at third with one out. Strang decided to replace [future 5-star general Omar] Bradley, a .385 hitter, with Neyland, who promptly grounded to third and the runner was thrown out at home. Neyland then was picked off first for the final out.
Afterward, Bradley confronted Neyland and said, "Well I think I could have done as good as that." Neyland replied, "Well Brad, it wasn't my idea in the first place."

Reactions: 1 person
Muslims will be running the show by then seeing as though people are blind to what their ultimate goal is. I would imagine after they enforce Sharia Law, soccer will be the sport of choice. That or something related to a goat.

Muslims will be running the show by then seeing as though people are blind to what their ultimate goal is. I would imagine after they enforce Sharia Law, soccer will be the sport of choice. That or something related to a goat.

WTF-meme.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Am I reading that right? He's the 9th Robert Reese Neyland? That's a serious legacy.

VN Store

Back