2017 Recruiting Chatter

RoSmitty12

Never too early to look into 2017 Recruiting. It was tough to keep up to speed on the 2016 recruiting class, let alone 2017. I know some of you recruiting junkies probably already have a good grip on 2017. Does anybody want to post a preview on some big targets or some players that are already giving us serious considerations.

Basically all I know (I am sure many are the same) is that we have Higgins committed, the 5* QB flipped from UT to Clemson, and we are in a good spot with Gibbs. If anybody could catch all of us up it would be appreciated :hi:

Should be a bigger class. 24-28 range I'd imagine. Too early to know but it has a chance to be top 5. Lots of in state talent in '17

5e83d5872c70213aa519ea65b8789203.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
I think 25 will be the number. No blueshirts this year and used all slot available this year so no back counts.

Reactions: 1 person
QB Hooker
RB Richardson, Chandler
WR Higgins, Rodgers, Fant
TE Bumphus
OL Smith, Eze, Ruiz
DT Hutch, Reitmaier, Crosby
DE Webb, J.Williams
LB Phillips, Moore
S Gibbs, Stevens
CB Bonds, J.Williams
ATH Gray, Hayden

It's a start.

Reactions: 4 people
Should take 25 next year. We only have 11 seniors and a handful will leave early for the draft so we will have to lose several between now and then.

I don't see us signing 25.

If we dominate everybody next year and all our legit Jrs leave I could see us having 20 spots. So at least 5 transfers.

It could happen but I honestly don't think it will.

Reactions: 1 person
Some of my early wants are,

Gibbs, Stevens, Gray, Chandler, Higgins, Trey Smith, Richardson, Amari Rodgers, Princetan Fant, Gentry Bonds, Justin Foster, jaylen Harris,

Just to name a few...

Some of my early wants are,

Gibbs, Stevens, Gray, Chandler, Higgins, Trey Smith, Richardson, Amari Rodgers, Princetan Fant, Gentry Bonds, Justin Foster, jaylen Harris,

Just to name a few...

Gibbs, Foster, Richardson are at the very top of the board for next years class. Bonds, Fant are up there as well but I think that the coaches have their very top wants. Higgins is still solid despite the Clemson visit. Cam Ackers the Bama commit is up there as well as the coaching staff is going to work him all the way to NSD.

Reactions: 2 people
QB Hooker
RB Richardson, Chandler
WR Higgins, Rodgers, Fant
TE Bumphus
OL Smith, Eze, Ruiz
DT Hutch, Reitmaier, Crosby
DE Webb, J.Williams
LB Phillips, Moore
S Gibbs, Stevens
CB Bonds, J.Williams
ATH Gray, Hayden

It's a start.

Would love to see a pass from a Hooker. :nono:

Young man (LT) from Jackson Tn is #1 or #2 rated prospect in TN. Trying to fight of Dabo, Saban, Meyer and Kelley.

It seems like from what I'm hearing on the top instate recruits, that nearly all of them are dead set on going somewhere else. Stevens to LSU..Gray to FSU..Rodgers to Clemson..etc. And a lot of folks think Tee Higgins is going to flip to Clemson. I am wondering where all this optimism that we are going to have a top 3 class next year is coming from? And before y'all start on me, I am not trying to start a bunch of negative crap..I've been hearing since last year that the 17 class is going to be maybe our best ever, and I honestly want to know where all the big optimism comes from. I want to feel it. ��

VN Store

Back