Props to Jones

dcm3w

Daddy
I know this may be a dumb thread but we should give props to Jones for being a relentless recruiter and a great salesman of Tennessee.

He somehow has the ability to get super talented DL recruits which could result in having one of the nastiest defensive lines in the country and history of the Vols. Now we have Shoop who likes to bring pressure always...

Jones is a VFL

Reactions: 46 people
I know this may be a dumb thread but we should give props to Jones for being a relentless recruiter and a great salesman of Tennessee.

He somehow has the ability to get super talented DL recruits which could result in have one of the nastiest defensive lines in the country and history of the Vols.

Jones is a VFL

I just looked on the Rivals board for Tennessee.
I'm STARRY eyed.
Great finish. No Negavols today!

edit: Props to Freak too for keeping the information flowing. GREAT JOB.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 people
I just looked on the Rivals board for Tennessee.
I'm STARRY eyed.
Great finish. No Negavols today!

Here's to holding out hope that we're not quite finished and Brown comes into the fold as well. What can I say? I'm an optimist.

I've been in the fence with CBJ only because of the bad in game decisions this past year. Not that he needs it, but he's earned my loyalty this off season. "Recruiting" Cam, JRM and Kamara along with the Shoop hire proved to me he's serious about making TN Football great again. (Trump pun) Then with today's class, I'm going full Butch. Great job coach!

Finishing this class with 2 top 100 players and the #1 juco player in the country, was extremely impressive.

Mariano Rivera would be proud..

Strong finish today.

Glad to see them nail down Kongbo, Byrd, and Warrior. Losing Kongbo or Warrior would have been a tough pill to swallow so kudos to Jones and the current players for being relentless.

Have a hard time handing out accolades for selling the program though. That's a major part of his job.

Already looking forward to 2017. In years where there is exceptional in-state talent with depth in numbers, Butch will clean up. I'm thinking top 5 next year!

Great finish! Very proud of our staff and their hard work.

We've come a long way, and I mean a long way, from when we were 2-3 this season.

+ finish the season 6-1
+ destroy a big 10 team on New Year's Day
+ hire perhaps the best off season staff changes
+ close out with a great class

And if one could somehow look at all of the top 20 classes and grade them on talent AND what needs they filled - this class is one of the best.

It's been a long dark road in the Smokey Mountains the last few years but those days are surely over.

CBJ indeed ..........

Reactions: 4 people
We've come a long way, and I mean a long way, from when we were 2-3 this season.

+ finish the season 6-1
+ destroy a big 10 team on New Year's Day
+ hire perhaps the best off season staff changes
+ close out with a great class

And if one could somehow look at all of the top 20 classes and grade them on talent AND what needs they filled - this class is one of the best.

It's been a long dark road in the Smokey Mountains the last few years but those days are surely over.

CBJ indeed ..........

Don't forget getting Sutton, Kamara, and JRM to return. Basically like getting three more 5 star recruits.

Reactions: 6 people
This is Butch's highest rated class in terms of average player ranking. We ended up with an average player ranking of 89.60 on the 247 composite. That's the highest of his 3 full classes here.

Reactions: 9 people
I'm personally delighted with our class this year and the way we finished today. I figured if we got two of the five we were hoping to sign we'd be doing great. So we end up with three and a surprise. I'm very proud of the job Coach Jones and his staff have done. GBO!

Reactions: 4 people
Also you can add on Richmond, butcher, Darrell Taylor, gaulden and etc. all who sat out this past year. Nice.

It shouldn't be overlooked that we had no guys flip. These kids are fiercely loyal to this staff, and it's something you don't see as much these days. CFA in tears calling Butch his dad means more to me than Kiffin conning Bryce Brown ever did.

Reactions: 8 people
Great job by Butch Jones. This was the 1st NSD that I have took off from work and I really enjoyed it. Thank you Volnation, it has been a fun day.

Reactions: 2 people
You can't be disappointed in this class. Getting back into the consensus top five recruiting rankings in 2014 and 2015 helped bring the program out of the gutter. Staying in the consensus top twenty every year is critical to staying competitive on the national stage. Fortunately, Tennessee landed some great players in this class and closed strong today. We're already looking good for a top ten and perhaps even another top five next year. The horrible decade of mediocre recruiting is over. We're recruiting like the 90s teams year-in-year-out now.

What I like most about this class is that we got players from some of the top schools in NC, FL, and GA. That'll pay off for us down the road with future prospects

It's a really good class, but you can't ignore the fact that it's ranked 7th in the league. It's understandable for one year when you have to take fewer numbers, but another year of finishing middle of the pack in next year's class would raise a few eyebrows. Need a monster, top 5 class next year

Reactions: 5 people
It's a really good class, but you can't ignore the fact that it's ranked 7th in the league. It's understandable for one year when you have to take fewer numbers, but another year of finishing middle of the pack in next year's class would raise a few eyebrows. Need a monster, top 5 class next year

Word is 2017 has the potential to be one for the ages

Very good class. Too bad we didnt get Brown, but if he's signing somewhere else I'm glad it was AU. He's Georgia and Bama's problem now.

Worthy of note, Emmett Gooden, Darel Middleton, and Dorian Banks look like they're still unsigned. Tim Hart to Tiger High.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back