'17 VA DE Elijah Conliffe (Florida commit)

rote

Per Hubbs

Elijah Conliffe likes Tennessee a good deal at this point, too. He could make two visits in the coming months and at the very least he and his mother are planning to be on campus for the Orange and White Game in April.

Reactions: 3 people
“It would probably be Penn State and Tennessee,” the three-star defensive end from Hampton (Va.) High School told SEC Country.

important as the Virginia offer was, Tennessee carried as much weight.

“It was big,” Conliffe said.

Conliffe remembers vividly when he got the text from the Vols in January to call him. It was just after a bad track meet in which he didn’t meet his goals. Conliffe is used to performing well in the shot put. His best is more than 41 feet. He didn’t match that and was a bit sullen before he called Tennessee.

“When I called (the Vols coach) said ‘You called with bad news but I’ve got good news for you’,” Conliffe said. “That’s when my heart dropped. He said you have an offer from the University of Tennessee. It was an amazing feeling.”

SECCountry

Reactions: 1 person
Nice to see someone from my old high school! Strong football tradition there. Still the same head coach as when I went. He's been there over 50 years and head coach for 45. 12 state championships and over 450 wins. 4th most winningest active coach in the country.

Reactions: 2 people
Plans to visit Feb 27 and also hopes to make it to the O&W game April 16.

"I definitely want to join a program that plays the best person at the position, that gives everybody a fair chance to play. Then, a family atmosphere," Conliffe said. "I would like to work out in a really nice facility. A really big thing is, also, they have to have a a program that draws my attention. I'm really looking for a nice school with a nice program."

"They like my versatility," Conliffe said of Tennessee. "I can play inside all the way to a nose guard. I have the ability to play all those positions."

Scout

Anyone else think this kid looks like he's 30? Every time I look at his picture I'm amazed he was a junior when he took that pic.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 9.02.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 9.02.28 PM.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 2 people
The picture could be older, but he doesn't look anywhere close to the weights listed. Good looking player either way.

The picture could be older, but he doesn't look anywhere close to the weights listed. Good looking player either way.

From the first part of this year

conliffe_elijah2-300x300.jpg

"Conliffe told me today that the Vols are on top right now and that OCD was his best visit."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 8 people
6/14/16: “I want to take my time with the decision, but everybody tells me there’s a time when schools run out of spots and stuff,” said Conliffe, a 6-foot-4, 275-pound defensive lineman who was the Conference 10 Defensive Player of the Year last season, and who is the top Class of 2017 prospect on the Peninsula. “That kind of worries me sometimes, but I don’t know if that’s true or not. I’m not too worried about that overall. I’d rather just take my time, research the schools, make a few visits to schools and see which school really fits me.”
Hampton High defensive lineman Elijah Conliffe shows patience while evaluating his impressive offers - Daily Press

Hmmm composite 4 star. Only ESPN has him as a 3 star. All profiles show him as 6'-4" 305lbs now.

Lots of guys like this coming out if the woodwork between now and nsd real chance this class gets upgraded.

VN Store

Back