Naples, Florida
Ht:5'11"
Wt:160 lbs
Class:2016

Rivals

24/7

Hudl

Scout

Naples (Fla.) High School CB Tyler Byrd has said over and over again he's a solid Hurricane commitment. While he's refused to talk to other programs, one school he is in contact with is Tennessee.

And the Vols' coaches convinced him to set up a visit the weekend before signing day. He visits UM this coming weekend.

Tennessee is of particular concern for the Canes because Byrd lives with Carlin Fils-Aime, who is committed there, and they refer to each other as brothers. On top of that Larry Scott, who recruited Byrd to Miami, is now coaching at Tennessee.

"I set up the Tennessee visit last week," Byrd told CaneSport.

Asked if this is anything for UM to worry about, Byrd said, "Um, I have no idea. It's just a visit to compare schools and see that school."

He then adds "It's still a tough decision."

Byrd says UM coaches are aware of his visit plans and "they said it was fine."

Byrd is then asked if he'll reaffirm a decision after the Tennessee visit or if he'll have the drama of a signing day announcement.

"However I decide I'd probably wait till signing day," he said.

- Rivals

Visiting UT Jan. 29. Lives with CFA. Get it Butch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32 people
Naples (Fla.) High School CB Tyler Byrd has said over and over again he's a solid Hurricane commitment. While he's refused to talk to other programs, one school he is in contact with is Tennessee.

And the Vols' coaches convinced him to set up a visit the weekend before signing day. He visits UM this coming weekend.

Tennessee is of particular concern for the Canes because Byrd lives with Carlin Fils-Aime, who is committed there, and they refer to each other as brothers. On top of that Larry Scott, who recruited Byrd to Miami, is now coaching at Tennessee.

"I set up the Tennessee visit last week," Byrd told CaneSport.

Asked if this is anything for UM to worry about, Byrd said, "Um, I have no idea. It's just a visit to compare schools and see that school."

He then adds "It's still a tough decision."

Byrd says UM coaches are aware of his visit plans and "they said it was fine."

Byrd is then asked if he'll reaffirm a decision after the Tennessee visit or if he'll have the drama of a signing day announcement.

"However I decide I'd probably wait till signing day," he said.

-Rivals

This was in the other thread, thought it deserved mention in here.

Reactions: 8 people
Butch has to let CMR know that he is still Butch's biatch in recruiting.

Reactions: 19 people
I don't doubt that..just wondering why we came in late on him

I've wondered the same thing. Especially with him and CFA living together for so long. Maybe they just thought he was all Miami? I can't really think of anything else

I've wondered the same thing. Especially with him and CFA living together for so long. Maybe they just thought he was all Miami? I can't really think of anything else

The canes scout board has quite a few threads about Richt not liking some of the Golden commitments and he has pulled several offers including one to a 4* teammate of Z.Moss. They don't seem to have noticed the Byrd visit yet.

Reactions: 1 person

Probably thought we had a better shot when the TE coach came to UT and he was the one recruiting him.

I know this: if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be worried. Might be nothing, but those quotes leave the door open. Wide open.

This guy is very good. Would love to add him to the class if it works out that way! 6' corner with great speed is always welcomed.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back