Grayson Reed, Cypress Creek, Offensive Tackle
Grayson Reed - Yahoo! Sports
Grayson Reed Highlights - Hudl
CY0DxUAU0AA8lEv.jpg

Twitter: https://twitter.com/gray_reed77

Vols offered today
Ryan Callahan ‏@RyanCallahan247 · 1h1 hour ago
#Vols offer four-star Texas OT

So just for discussion, who has been our best ever recruit from Texas?

Vols offered today
Ryan Callahan ‏@RyanCallahan247 · 1h1 hour ago
#Vols offer four-star Texas OT

So just for discussion, who has been our best ever recruit from Texas?
Jason Parker or Cody Douglass (flip a coin). David Leaverton and Mark Levine were good as well. Creer...oh well.

Reactions: 2 people
Grayson Reed #⃣ 7⃣ 7⃣
‏@gray_reed77
Just received an offer from University of Tennessee!

CYzWxZ0UkAIX4Nc.jpg:small

Yup, they have him listed as leaning toward A&M it seems, but with the "drama" taking place there maybe he would change his list. Any other news on his thoughts, Football related of course:crazy:

Maybe not THE best but McNeil was good for us and I am pretty sure he was from texas

“It’s not just one coach that hits me up from Tennessee every day, it’s multiple coaches,” Reed explained. “If they are going to hit me up every day and show lots of love, of course I’m going to come up here and visit.

“Plus, they’re in the SEC, it’s Tennessee. I wanted to see what Tennessee looks like and I love it.”

Reed continued, “It was really nice. I’ve been waiting to come here. Everything was really cool; nice facilities, good coaches. It was a good day.”

While he had been anticipating a visit to Knoxville, the Vols and coach Butch Jones surpassed his expectations.

“They passed (expectations),” Reed said. “This is really nice. I’ve never seen anything like this. I like coach Jones, coach (Mahoney), they seem like good people. It was a really nice visit.”

Reed was able to sit down with Jones and it was clear when the conversation was over that he’s wanted on Rocky Top.

“Coach Jones was just like, ‘We love you. We want you here really bad,’” Reed said. “We’ve just got to continue to build that relationship.”

Reed plans to have a top five in the month or so and the Vols are likely to make the cut. Other schools coming after the Lone Star State product hard include Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor, TCU and Oklahoma.

And while most of his suitors are from the Big 12 he is intrigued about by playing in the SEC.

“They play good competition every week,” Reed said. ‘Who wouldn’t want to play Alabama, LSU, Tennessee or Ole Miss or Georgia? Every year they have players get drafted to the NFL and that’s who you want to play against. I want to play against the best of the best.”
-VQ.

Reactions: 6 people
Houston (Tex.) Cy-Creek offensive lineman Grayson Reed has a lot of regional offers to choose from, but if he were to go outside of Texas for school it sounds like Tennessee might be the choice. The four-star said he never wants to leave each time he visits Knoxville.
-Rivals.

Reactions: 9 people
And while most of his suitors are from the Big 12 he is intrigued about by playing in the SEC.

Which is why I never liked the idea of adding TAMU to the SEC. Now Texas kids can play in the SEC and still stay in-state.

Reactions: 1 person
Glad he didn't do too much research on the "Every year they have players get drafted to the NFL" part.

Reactions: 1 person
Recruiting wrap: Reed has a number of top teams in pursuit of his commitment, and it’s still not quite clear what position he’ll stick to at the next level. Baylor, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and Tennessee are the teams most recently involved in his recruitment, but as of today, he seems most fond of Tennessee. He has a few other SEC offers on the table, but Butch Jones does a good job of showing affection for his top targets.

Prediction: Tennessee

- Nick Krueger , rivals

Reactions: 6 people
“I talk to Coach (Don) Mahoney, (Willie) Martinez, and Coach (Butch) Jones; they hit me up like every single day,” he said. “I love it, I love Tennessee, I had a really good visit up there, went up two weeks ago, it was a great visit, I like the SEC ball and I know they are heading in the right direction so I like Tennessee.”

“On my visit they gave me some really really good food and they made the tour real private, made it very personal,” he said. “After the visit I was just like ‘man, I don’t wanna leave, this is really fun I want to get treated like this every day,’ it was awesome.”

Rivals

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back