'16 FL WR Latrell Williams (UT signee 2/3/16)

volnpowell

Did search, and did not see thread (of course I have had trouble with search pulling old threads up, so may need merged siap)

Tweet thread mentioned Tn offer, and being from Fl, figured Scott may have been recruiting him while at Miami.

This offer has me scratching my head a bit. We have 6-7 other WRs we are chasing after and then we offer an unknown guy with three weeks left of recruiting to do. I trust CBJ staff and understand this offer may have come from Larry Scott, but I can't help but think this is a sign of desperation at the position. When all is said and done this may be more of a walk-on offer, and I might just be watching my breath. Either way it concerns me that we have had to go from Plan A (Kyle Davis) to Plan B (Velus Jones) to plan C (throw offers around and see if anyone sticks).

Reactions: 3 people
This offer has me scratching my head a bit. We have 6-7 other WRs we are chasing after and then we offer an unknown guy with three weeks left of recruiting to do. I trust CBJ staff and understand this offer may have come from Larry Scott, but I can't help but think this is a sign of desperation at the position. When all is said and done this may be more of a walk-on offer, and I might just be watching my breath. Either way it concerns me that we have had to go from Plan A (Kyle Davis) to Plan B (Velus Jones) to plan C (throw offers around and see if anyone sticks).

Yup..you're right. Sky is falling. These coaches don't know what they're doing. Fire Butch....Fire Scott...hell, go ahead and fire Shoop while we're at it. Shut down the program.

Reactions: 6 people

Just the reality of this recruiting cycle. Ole Miss went through it last year.

Those numbers are rarely accurate.

4.6 on grass, turf, indoors, outdoors? pads, no pads? shorts? wind, no wind?

i ran a 4.6 once, abooouut 10 years ago 😜. a ton of factors contributed to my not running a 4.45. 1) im not fast 2) not athletic 3) pretty sure i may have been drunk

Yup..you're right. Sky is falling. These coaches don't know what they're doing. Fire Butch....Fire Scott...hell, go ahead and fire Shoop while we're at it. Shut down the program.

Sky isn't falling. WR recruiting is clearly an issue right now. UT offered a lot of WRs. They are having a lot of trouble landing that last WR guy they seem to want. Still a few options. Hopefully they get one to buy in.

4.6 on grass, turf, indoors, outdoors? pads, no pads? shorts? wind, no wind?

i ran a 4.6 once, abooouut 10 years ago 😜. a ton of factors contributed to my not running a 4.45. 1) im not fast 2) not athletic 3) pretty sure i may have been drunk

Would explain how you mistook 6.6. :crazy:

Reactions: 5 people

You are delusional if you can't recognize Tennessee is really struggling with WR recruiting.

Reactions: 8 people
Many if not most of those who claim to run 4.4 40's actually run something closer to 4.6. Hand timed 40's are notoriously generous.

Sky isn't falling. WR recruiting is clearly an issue right now. UT offered a lot of WRs. They are having a lot of trouble landing that last WR guy they seem to want. Still a few options. Hopefully they get one to buy in.

Might have something to do with the fact that our receivers are basically just extra blockers at this point.

Reactions: 5 people
Williams has excellent speed even though he didn't excel at the Nike camp in Orlando last spring (4.54 40). In track he ran a 10.83 100m last year along w/ a 10.75 time that was NWI (no wind indicated so not official). He also recorded the 3rd-best 55m time in Florida last year w/ a 6.55.

He had 68 catches for 1,035 yards & 10 TDs last fall and averaged 35.9 yards per KO return w/ 2 TDs.

Williams has excellent speed even though he didn't excel at the Nike camp in Orlando last spring (4.54 40). In track he ran a 10.83 100m last year along w/ a 10.75 time that was NWI (no wind indicated so not official). He also recorded the 3rd-best 55m time in Florida last year w/ a 6.55.

He had 68 catches for 1,035 yards & 10 TDs last fall and averaged 35.9 yards per KO return w/ 2 TDs.

What do you (or article) mean by not excel at Nike camp? Was it just in measurable such as 40 time or in things like pass catching drills etc?

I wonder if an offer to this guy this late means the coaches feel like they are going to miss on all of their top WRs? If so, then thats concerning.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back