Devan Barrett
ATH
Tampa, FL
Tampa Catholic

6-1, 195
Class of 2017

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Devan-Barrett-162062
Devan Barrett, Tampa Catholic, Running Back
Devan Barrett, Tampa Catholic HS ATH - Schools of Interest & Commit Status - Scout
Devan Barrett - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

“I was just there (Sunday), and I was watching them practice,” said Barrett, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 254 overall prospect and No. 21 running back in the 247Sports Composite for the 2017 class.

“I’ve always wanted to go see them practice or something like that because (Tennessee running backs) coach (Robert) Gillespie has talked about how great Tennessee was. I watched their football games, and they’re a pretty good team.”

“I’ve just seen them play on TV,” he said. “I know they’re a big-time football school. I’ve just seen them play, and over the years they’ve been a pretty good team. If I commit there one day, I’d look forward to playing there.”

Reactions: 3 people
A Tennessee offer means something. If we offer him, he must be worth it.

It really doesn't. Butch dominates the SEC when it comes to extending offers. He has since he took the job. A UT offer isn't anything more than a way to tell a kid they are monitoring their progression and it may lead to a spot at some point. A lot of the offers are absolutely worthless.

Lol of course its sarcasm. Blue font is a terrible trend that sucks the fun out of everything :)

Reactions: 1 person
It really doesn't. Butch dominates the SEC when it comes to extending offers. He has since he took the job. A UT offer isn't anything more than a way to tell a kid they are monitoring their progression and it may lead to a spot at some point. A lot of the offers are absolutely worthless.

Good lord the butt hurt in you is all to real.

Reactions: 4 people
Good lord the butt hurt in you is all to real.

Not true at all. Would Butch take a commitment from every recruit TODAY that he's offered for this class? Of course not. What's that make all those offers that are noncommittable today? That's right, worthless. Just a fact. No butthurt involved.

Not true at all. Would Butch take a commitment from every recruit TODAY that he's offered for this class? Of course not. What's that make all those offers that are noncommittable today? That's right, worthless. Just a fact. No butthurt involved.

Every school gives out offers that aren't commitable, and it's not a bad thing. It just means that they have other prospects higher on their board. If you wait to offer until after you missed out on someone else, there's a lot of ground to be made up.

Reactions: 2 people
Every school gives out offers that aren't commitable, and it's not a bad thing. It just means that they have other prospects higher on their board. If you wait to offer until after you missed out on someone else, there's a lot of ground to be made up.

I agree every school does it to some extent, UT usually leads the nation in offers though. Offers just don't mean what they use to when it comes to recruiting. If kid isn't a take the day the offer is made, its a garbage offer.

I agree every school does it to some extent, UT usually leads the nation in offers though. Offers just don't mean what they use to when it comes to recruiting. If kid isn't a take the day the offer is made, its a garbage offer.

Who cares? It strokes their ego by offering them. It verbally tells the recruit that particular coaching staff will be actively recruiting them. Who cares if it's committable or not. The only thing that matters is where that recruit faxes his LOI...you have no chance for his signature if you don't extend him an offer

Reactions: 1 person

Just like were gonna lead the nation after this season. Offer away Butch! Hell I got an offer 2 weeks ago and I'm 43. I'm gonna wait till NSD so y'all will have to wait.

Who cares? It strokes their ego by offering them. It verbally tells the recruit that particular coaching staff will be actively recruiting them. Who cares if it's committable or not. The only thing that matters is where that recruit faxes his LOI...you have no chance for his signature if you don't extend him an offer

didn't Bama basically try that with Gaulden?

can't remember what it was but I remember them doing something funky on NSD.

Hmmm... Leb use to say the Exact. Same. Thing.

:hmm:

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back