'17 LA CB Cheyenne Labruzza (UT signeee)

BigVol80

Fulmer for Life
1582845.jpg

Albany, LA (Albany)
Cornerback
Ht 6-0
Wt 170

Hudl
Rivals
Scout

Offered

But, he's from LA. LSU comes calling and he's gone. I will be glad when it's our turn again to get anyone we want at the drop of a hat.

the 6-foot, 175-pound labruzza said he found out about the offer from tennessee during a phone conversation with vols running backs coach robert gillespie.

Labruzza never has been to tennessee’s campus, but he said he’s now hoping to visit the vols in the coming months.

“(gillespie) talked to me about coming up there,” said labruzza, who also claims offers from tulane, louisiana-lafayette and southeastern louisiana. “i want to say he said in the spring, maybe, he talked about getting me up there.

“i’m pretty positive — like, 99-percent sure — that i will be able to make the trip up there.”

labruzza said he had talked with gillespie within the past few months, but he “had no idea it was this serious” before getting the offer from tennessee.

“we talked on twitter (during the season),” labruzza said. “he asked for my film, so i sent him a few highlights from a few games.

“we had a good conversation. He told me they were offering me and everything. He told me to keep working hard because, coming to tennessee, it’s a high standard. So he told me to just keep working hard, and if i keep working hard, i’ll be able to make it.

“to be honest with you, i don’t know too much about them. It was kind of a shock, a surprise to me that they offered me. I watched them play a few times this year, actually. But i don’t know too much about them.”

I think this is one to watch that will shoot up in the rankings over the next year. Butch is a great at spotting talent early in the recruiting process. Might be one to keep an eye on.

^That ends up at LSU. reading his comments makes it really sound like he is LSU's whenever they want him.

which is frustrating, i don't know of any school that can do that as much as they do.

Reactions: 1 person
"Louisiana cornerback Cheyenne Labruzza has been high on the Vols since visiting earlier this spring. A return visit could again signal that he could be ready to do something. The Vols really like his game and he's been someone they have targeted for some time. They were also one of the first schools to offer him."

- VQ

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back