'17 TN DL Rutger Reitmaier (Oregon commit)

Currently holds offers from Duke, Purdue, and Vanderbilt along with Tennessee. Auburn and Notre Dame are showing interest.

Kid also plays hockey for Lipscomb, according to some he has a hell of a mean streak

Wonder if he is kin to rudy ruettiger

Tuxbu.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Any idea if the coaches are looking at this kid for the DL or OL? Looks like he has soom good upside as a road grading OG to me. Plays some FB as well and looks good blocking in space, so I'm sure he'd fit what we like to do with OGs pulling them for counters and whatnot.

Doesn't sound half bad. I wish we could load up on offensive line talent like we do Defensive line talent. Then we would really be getting somewhere.

Doesn't sound half bad. I wish we could load up on offensive line talent like we do Defensive line talent. Then we would really be getting somewhere.

Just watched his film, and he def looks a lot more like a Guard than a defensive lineman -- at least for Tennessee's purposes. Maybe he could play DL at Duke or Vandy. But I suspect the Vols are recruiting him as a Guard. JMO from 6 minutes of highlight film.

"I was at the junior day on Saturday and they told me to give them a call later in the week. My coach told me to call coach Thigpen and they offered me," Reitmaier said. "I was pretty excited. It was something I had been waiting on for a while. I had put in the work for it and I'm happy to see my hard work pay off." "I really, really like the coaches. They're an up-and-coming team and they have world-class facilities," Reitmaier said. "Everything about them looks good for me."

"I like the way he (Stripling) runs practices. He has the right feel for his guys," Reitmaier said. "He makes sure his guys have the right techniques and he's really energetic and he's a teacher. I really like the way he coaches.""I'm enjoying the process and the experience. I'm elated that I'm able to show off all my hard work and receive these offers and hopefully more will come," Reitmaier said. "I talked to my coach and we thought I should commit at the beginning or in the middle of the summer," Reitmaier said. "I just want to see what all offers I get and go from there. I'm open right now."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Kid also plays hockey for Lipscomb, according to some he has a hell of a mean streak

Any idea if the coaches are looking at this kid for the DL or OL? Looks like he has soom good upside as a road grading OG to me. Plays some FB as well and looks good blocking in space, so I'm sure he'd fit what we like to do with OGs pulling them for counters and whatnot.

Shoop is at Lipscomb today to talk to Rutger so that sounds like they want him on defense. Hopefully they'll get him to commit.

He's a beast. While they used him on defense they would also throw him in on offense near the goal as a blocking fullback. A few times he did get the ball. He could create a heck of a hole on the line.

And yes he plays for their hockey team.

Reactions: 1 person
Update: he got his sixth offer yesterday. Offers are now from Vols, Vandy, Memphis, Purdue, Duke, and now Wake Forest

Per Hubbs

The instate players will be a priority for the Vols in 2017 and a big day for the Vols on that front will be Feb. 20 when the Vols host an elite junior day that will be made up of instate prospects.

Maleik Gray, Trey Smith, Chase Hayden, Princeton Fant, Gentry Bonds, Rutger Reitmaier and Latrell Bumphus have all confirmed they plan on being in Knoxville that day and we expect others like Ty Chandler to make a serious effort to be there as well.

Reitmaier has quickly become one of Tennessee's early priorities in this class as he talked to Butch Jones, Steve Stripling and Bob Shoop on Wednesday. A number of instate players heard from the coaches during the day like Gentry Bonds.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back