'17 FL DE Zachary Carter (Florida commit)

Kevin Carter's son ?! My natural inclination when I see posts like this is to figure out what former athlete's kid he is.

“I enjoyed the practice,” Carter said. “It’s one of the first college practices that I’ve been to and I liked the practice routine they had … I like the (fast) pace also. I think it’s beneficial for when it comes to game time.”

Carter said he’s judging each school on academics, campus life and how solid the program is. Carter said distance from home would not work against the Vols.

“That would not be a factor,” Carter said. “It is in the SEC so it’s not too far for me.”

secc

Reactions: 1 person
247 article on this guy. For those with a subscription, anything interesting?

“I loved it,” Carter said. “It was actually better than I expected it to be. They were great people, great faculties, really, I was surprised by the facilities. I heard they had some of the best facilities in the country and I saw it today. “And I love what coach (Butch) Jones is doing with the program.”

“They told me they are going to recruit me hard,” Carter said. “They are going to try and get me to come to Tennessee.” After taking in Tennessee with his parents, Carter said the Vols will receive another visit at some point and they are legitimate contender in his recruitment. “This confirmed that Tennessee is actually an option for me,” Carter said.

Tennessee joins several other schools like Clemson, Florida, Auburn, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Miami that Carter is giving a serious look to. But, as of now, he claims no leaders as he’s still in the early stages of his recruiting process.

“Everything is still pretty even,” Carter said. “I’m still just looking at everywhere and making sure I find the best place possible.”

- VQ

Reactions: 2 people
“I really loved my visit,” Carter told GoVols247 on Saturday night. “It was actually a lot more than I expected it to be. I’d never been here before, but it was great. It blew me away — the coaches, the facilities, the atmosphere, everything. I really enjoyed it. I mean, I was thinking it was just an average school, but it turned out to be a lot more than that.”

“I talked to Coach Shoop, Coach Scott, Coach Strip. I spoke with Coach Jones, too, which was great,” said Carter, who drove across town to watch Tennessee practice before the New Year's Day Outback Bowl in Tampa. “Their message to me was just that they were gonna recruit me hard this whole process and try to get me to be a Volunteer. … They said they sat down and watched my film, and that they loved what they saw with my improvement from my sophomore year to my junior year, how all aspects of my game improved. They said they can’t wait to see what happens my senior year.”

“I keep a running list in my head, but at the same time I’m trying to take everything in,” Carter said. “Today improved Tennessee’s chances a lot. A lot of people don’t know that I really like Tennessee a lot, and today really made me like Tennessee even more.”

“Distance isn’t really a factor in my recruiting process,” he said. “I mean, I don’t want to go, like, too far away. But this isn’t too far for me. I’m just trying to find the best fit for me right now, … whether it’s in-state or out-of-state. The best fit is all that matters.”

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 2 people
UF likes their chances here, dad is a huge Gator fan so that doesn't hurt either.

TAMPA, Fla.-- Zachary Carter has four standing out. The Scout's No. 11 defensive end has Florida, Clemson, Tennessee and USF in his top four, and he discusses each of those at the Sound Mind Sound Body Camp.

Zachary Carter has seen his stock rise tremendously over the course of the last year. The four-star defensive end moved up the rankings inside the Scout 200 and is now Scout's No. 11 defensive end in the 2017 class.

After picking up offers from over 40 schools, Carter has decided to trim his list to four: Florida, Clemson, Tennessee and USF.

TAMPA, Fla.-- Zachary Carter has four standing out. The Scout's No. 11 defensive end has Florida, Clemson, Tennessee and USF in his top four, and he discusses each of those at the Sound Mind Sound Body Camp.

Zachary Carter has seen his stock rise tremendously over the course of the last year. The four-star defensive end moved up the rankings inside the Scout 200 and is now Scout's No. 11 defensive end in the 2017 class.

After picking up offers from over 40 schools, Carter has decided to trim his list to four: Florida, Clemson, Tennessee and USF.

One is unlike the others......

VN Store

Back