Prediction: will we steal any UGA recruits?

Vfl2407

Do you think any current commitments or dawg leans now look at us again?
I know a lot depends on what coach they get and if any current staff like Pruitt stay.

they're letting him coach the bowl and leaving the door open to him staying on in "some other capacity", and i'm not sure what that means???

i do know that UGA is going to do well in state b/c they're the state school. i also know that Richt is a likable coach, very good recruiter, and a big reason they do keep a lot of that premium in state talent. he's like Fulmer...mama's and daddy's love him. he's probably very hard to say "no" to.

i think many will take a wait and see approach, but for any that were on the fence, that had TN as #2, you can certainly bet those phone calls are being made....

i'd be a little shocked if we don't either flip 1 or 2, or at the very least get 1 or 2 of these undecideds that had GA and TN at the top of their lists...

Reactions: 1 person
i don't think we'll get him away from them.

more important is Hardman and Warrior.

Both would be huge. Warrior may have been on the fence. But, I'd say we're in good position now. He may wait to see who they hire. Jones is good about bringing in the legacies. We may have gotten him either way.

The one concern I have is Warrior was apparently interested in Bama because of Smart. If Smart goes to UGA, Warrior being able to play in-state for Smart may be very enticing. Hope he makes the right choice, tho. GBO, JMO.

Know this, UGA will hire a coach, and the PR machine at UGA and SportSouth (Owned by UGA alums) will kick into high gear, and the UGA crowd will roll their eyes back into their heads and bark and woof and gulp down huge amounts of the kool aide.. UGA recruiting will have a new life pumped into it although they may have a few players flip on them, they will flip some too.

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder if their future 4 time Heisman trophy winning QB, Eason, starts looking around.

Before Richie Rucht was fired all you heard in the Atlanta lap dog media was that if Rev Helen Hunt was fired that they would lose Eason and other to recruits.
Now the same people say that these kids had committed to the school and not the coaching staff.
Worthless pieces of crap..Sandra Golden on 680 the Fan is the absolute Queen of this type of stuff.
She loves UGA and FSU...her alma mater...hates UT.

It would be hilarious if they hired another Jim Donnan or Derek Dooley type. They could do a lot worse than Richt.

VN Store

Back