Recruiting Forum Way Too Early Predictions

Vol knight

Text a Buddy!
Before our bowl game, signing day, and spring practice, what's everyone's regular season record predictions for next year?

For me, I'll break it down like this:

Definite wins:

- Appalachian State
- Virginia tech (Fuente is a really good coach, but I don't see him vastly improving the hokies so early in the season)
- Ohio
- USCe
- Tennessee Tech
- Kentucky
- Mizzou
- Vandy

Toss ups:

- Florida
- UGA
- Bama
- TAMU

Definite Losses:

None. For the first time in a long time, it's safe to say that we have a legit chance at winning every game (including the bama game).

I think we will finish 10-2 barring major injuries. Anything less than 9-3 is a disappointment.

Floor: 9-3
-Would require bad injuries and bad luck

Ceiling: 12-0
-Would require few/relatively inconsequential injuries, a break here or there, and the passing game becoming a bigger threat. Dobbs needs to become a threat to throw for 200+ in every game while remaining a threat on the ground, IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
9-3 low end...14-0 if we catch the breaks + don't have the crazy injuries like this year..Dobbs passing is the main thing that worries me. I think it could cost us a game or two. He has to max out against the best, for us to roll the table.

Bad OLine = 8-4

Good OLine = 11-1 (12-0 if the team is sick and tired of losing to UF - sort of like they were in 1998 when they were labeled "11 Angry Men" after sacking UF 6 times.)

Dead set on 9-3.

Bama, one of UGA/FL, and @ Tamu.

Gotcha. So we can expect an endless "9-3" mantra from you next summer, then when fall camp starts and someone gets injured, you will start trending downward until you are predicting 7-5 again, right?

Gotcha. So we can expect an endless "9-3" mantra from you next summer, then when fall camp starts and someone gets injured, you will start trending downward until you are predicting 7-5 again, right?

8-4, not 7-5 next year. Other than that, it is accurate.

Lol, good to know.

9-3 would suck next year. Way too much talent to lose that many games. We will probably be on equal footing with Bama, or at least very close to it, and have a talent advantage over everyone else due to graduating very few contributors yet again.

I'm not scared of A&M at all. They are a fairly mediocre team under Sumlin now that he doesn't have Johnny Football making miracle plays on a weekly basis.

That said, I can still see us losing at least one, maybe two games in excruciating gut punch fashion.

10-2, SECC appearance, and in playoff contention to the end of the season.

Considering how close we were to 10-2 this year, this should be a reasonable expectation.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol, good to know.

9-3 would suck next year. Way too much talent to lose that many games. We will probably be on equal footing with Bama, or at least very close to it, and have a talent advantage over everyone else due to graduating very few contributors yet again.

I'm not scared of A&M at all. They are a fairly mediocre team under Sumlin now that he doesn't have Johnny Football making miracle plays on a weekly basis.

That said, I can still see us losing at least one, maybe two games in excruciating gut punch fashion.

Haha I do agree that we have the potential to win every game. Tamu starts every year really good then falls apart. It'll be an interesting one.

Why the heck are all you weirdos pickin us to lose to Tamu? How do they scare you so bad? And the Gators luck has to run out sometime. We should be riding a 2 game streak on them already.

Reactions: 1 person
A lot of should. Until it happens we're still on a major losing streak. "Should have" don't count in the win column.

Why the heck are all you weirdos pickin us to lose to Tamu? How do they scare you so bad? And the Gators luck has to run out sometime. We should be riding a 2 game streak on them already.

Same thing was said against Arkansas this year

VN Store

Back