RAID LSU! Unbelievable....

madbamahater

With the news that it's likely Miles will be canned, who will give UT a second look in their currently top rank recruiting class?

I literally can't believe they are going to fire him. This is probably the most unjust and unwarranted firing in the history of all sports.

Wtf?

Reactions: 26 people
With the news that it's likely Miles will be canned, who will give UT a second look in their currently top rank recruiting class?

I literally can't believe they are going to fire him. This is probably the most unjust and unwarranted firing in the history of all sports.

Wtf?

Saban spoiled them

Reactions: 8 people
Right up there with the Phillip Fulmer firing.

CPF did some great things while he was the coach at UT and I have much respect for him. The situation at LSU with CLM and the firing of CPF are completely different. Miles has never had a losing season and Fulmer had two losing seasons in his last four years. Additionally, Fulmer's recruiting fell off big time in the later years, Miles not so much. Respectively disagree.

Reactions: 85 people
CPF did some great things while he was the coach at UT and I have much respect for him. The situation at LSU with CLM and the firing of CPF are completely different. Miles has never had a losing season and Fulmer had two losing seasons in his last four years. Additionally, Fulmer's recruiting fell off big time in the later years, Miles not so much. Respectively disagree.

Agree. Not the same...people seem to forget how bad the last few years were...though the two QBs we lost from the last class were all Americans.

Reactions: 4 people
I would love nothing more than for LSU to go through a 6-10 year period of irrelevance like USC, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Michigan, Nebraska, etc etc for this. Those people are idiots if they think they can just land one elite coach after another, when other programs with more tradition than theirs can't.

Agree. Not the same...people seem to forget how bad the last few years were...though the two QBs we lost from the last class were all Americans.

We would have had at least Tajh Boyd or Bryce Petty. Don't think both would have stuck around because of their talent. Lane screwed us on that one.

Reactions: 3 people
Doesn't look like it's going to be a firing so much as a mutual agreement that a parting of ways is in order. Considering that LSU will probably replace Les with a Jimbo Fisher or some other recruit-magnet sort of coach, I don't think their signees will be abandoning ship in droves.

Reactions: 1 person
Doesn't look like it's going to be a firing so much as a mutual agreement that a parting of ways is in order. Considering that LSU will probably replace Les with a Jimbo Fisher or some other recruit-magnet sort of coach, I don't think their signees will be abandoning ship in droves.

I bet Jimbo stays at FSU and LSU will have to dig deeper for a head coach

Right up there with the Phillip Fulmer firing.

I liked CPF, but his recruiting tailed off. He lost to Troy (granted, 1 loss should not be a make or break). Les has 3 games to 3 good teams, and has the number 1 recruiting class in the country. This is the WORST firing in the history of sports.

Reactions: 3 people
Not that unbelievable. He went 8-2 in the division, then I believe 7-3, then 6-4, then 4-4, and now a second 4-4. And, he's had the same consistent problems - he's never developed a QB, and clock management has always been atrocious. It seems they've won in spite of him often. Maybe a year too soon, but they are on a decline.

Not that unbelievable. He went 8-2 in the division, then I believe 7-3, then 6-4, then 4-4, and now a second 4-4. And, he's had the same consistent problems - he's never developed a QB, and clock management has always been atrocious. It seems they've won in spite of him often. Maybe a year too soon, but they are on a decline.

The last consistant quarterback he had was Matt Flynn

All-American's in college, yes. Boyd was one in high school...Petty was a 3 star.

Can't see Les leaving $10-15 mil on the table and just saying "ok we'll both just move on." Only way it will be mutual is if they pay his buyout. Not saying he doesn't want to leave but he has millions of reasons to stay.

Reactions: 2 people
I liked CPF, but his recruiting tailed off. He lost to Troy (granted, 1 loss should not be a make or break). Les has 3 games to 3 good teams, and has the number 1 recruiting class in the country. This is the WORST firing in the history of sports.

We've never lost to Troy...do you mean Wyoming?

Reactions: 6 people
I hate when people bring up the Wyoming loss.

Phil had been fired errr stepped down during that week. The players/coaches really were not in the game and you could see it.

The players had that very emotional outburst after Phils press conference. This loss was a result of the week not Wyoming.

He had a top 5 recruiting class going the year they fired him.

VN Store

Back