'17 TN RB Traneil Moore

Orange And Garnet

Traneil, out of East Ridge High School in Chattanooga, picked up his first offer a few days ago from UTC. The War Room stated Moore is expected to visit Tennessee tomorrow. I have seen this kid play once, and he is the real deal. I will be covering his game once again tonight as they play hosts to Chattanooga Christian.
He has kind of just burst onto the scene this season but I would not be surprised to see him blow up within the next year.

Write-up about Moore: http://rivercsports.com/moore-jones-seek-to-make-school-history/

Last edited:
Does he come with a Captain?

Sorry, someone was going to do it eventually...

Reactions: 2 people
Kid will end up with D1 offers. Really early right now in his recruitment as this is his first year with any kind of exposure but he's a legit player and someone on our radar

Reactions: 3 people
This kid transfered from Tyner high school last year as he wanted playing time and we to east ridge and blew up. He tweaked his ankle a couple weeks ago but seems good to go. I was wondering if I would see his name pop up on the board. I'm pretty close to the coaching staff and I will see what I can find out for you guys

Have watched him several times, reincarnation of Keith Davis in his running style. Tough as nails

For the season, the 6-foot-2-inch, 190-pound Moore has rushed 166 times, gained 1,766 yards and scored 23 touchdowns while being selected as a semifinalist for the Class 3A Mr. Football Back of the Year.

“If anybody has been around football when somebody comes around that’s special, you can tell,” Malone said. “Traneil is special. He’s got what every great back has – break-away speed, tremendous vision and for a big kid is really elusive. He’s solid in pass protection and can catch the ball, too. He’s a complete back.”

Football Playoffs: Pioneers Get More Than Expected From Moore - Chattanoogan.com

Traneil eclipsed 2,000 yards on the season tonight with 236 yards on 29 carries and 3 TD. One of the most patient runners I have ever seen. Will need to add a lot of size to play at this level but has time to do it and the frame.

Currently 6'2" and 190 lbs as a hs Jr., won't need to add a lot of weight. He may have the frame that allows him to play at 220+, but 210 is plenty big enough and that would only be adding 20 lbs over two years.

Kid is only a Junior in HS and is 6'2''. So he'll probably get to at least 6'3''. #UTK #Tall RB U!

Kid is only a Junior in HS and is 6'2''. So he'll probably get to at least 6'3''. #UTK #Tall RB U!
A lot of people don't grow after their junior year. A lot of people are listed a bit taller than they really are. I would say there's a good chance he plays in college at 6'2"

His is 6'1" and 200ish right now. Heard he is going to hit the weight room hard this off season and try to bulk up. Supposedly runs 4.6 40

Hey AllVol, Isn't Trannell suppose to attend a bowl practice coming up this weekend in Knoxville?

Yes will be in knoxville visiting this Saturday for practice. Was told coaches are close to offering but want to get him to a camp. He doesn't really rep any college clothing and is a quite kid but has been known to say he does like flordia state. Was told if we offer he will probably commit to us in the end.

Yes will be in knoxville visiting this Saturday for practice. Was told coaches are close to offering but want to get him to a camp. He doesn't really rep any college clothing and is a quite kid but has been known to say he does like flordia state. Was told if we offer he will probably commit to us in the end.

I heard he liked Oregon. I hope he gets to choose wherever he wants to go. Exceptionally nice guy. Doesn't say much though haha

VN Store

Back