4_3992691.JPG

Athlete
Fort Myers, Florida
South Fort Myers
View Map
Ht:6'0"
Wt:170 lbs
Class:2016 (High School)

https://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/football/recruiting/player-Willie-Johnson-182786

Willie Johnson, South Fort Myers, Wide Receiver

Willie Johnson - Hudl

Tennessee has offered 2016 athlete Willie Johnson from down in South Fort Myers in Florida. In fact, he plays in the same region as Carlin Fils-aime.

Johnson's name was one I have heard the last few weeks but wasn't sure anything would come of it. I talked to him a week ago and he said the only visit he knew for sure he would take would be to North Carolina.

A lot of speed and a fun guy to watch on offense.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 2 people
He definitely has some wheels. Kinda surprising he hasn't gotten at least a little more attention than what appears.

Saw a few "where did he go" moments in the highlights. Legit quicks and speed.

Our Christian Kirk. We need a guy like this

Yup. Guys like this are the missing link on our offense. Since Pig went out we've not had a legit burner at WR. We need game breaking on the edge to take this offense to another level.

Yup. Guys like this are the missing link on our offense. Since Pig went out we've not had a legit burner at WR. We need game breaking on the edge to take this offense to another level.

We have a game breaker...name's Evan Berry. Why he is not playing in the slot is beyond me. :dunno:

Per Hubbs

While Tennessee already has two commitments out of the Sunshine State, another Florida prospect to keep an eye on is Fort Myers athlete Willie Johnson. The versatile offensive weapon has been in communication with the Vols recently and that could be someone to watch come January depending on the situation at receiver.

Johnson has told us North Carolina is the only official visit he has scheduled at this point.

Reactions: 3 people
Per Hubbs

Elsewhere, continue to watch out for South Florida speedster Willie Johnson. The Fort Myers native has really caught the attention of the staff as an added weapon that could provide an upgrade in speed.

I know everyone wants Mecole Hardman, but I would focus strongly on Velus Jones and this kid. Not saying that I don't want MH in this class, but these two are game changers as well. Oregon type receivers that can change a game in a hurry. We need 4 or 5 of these types on the roster.

Butch Jones and Tennessee have slid out front and took the lead for explosive Fort Myers (Fla.) South Fort Myers wide receiver, Willie Johnson, who's locked in an official visit with the Volunteers as well.
Some programs continue to play the waiting game and express significant interest, but one school that's already seen enough and took that next step is the University of Tennessee, who dished out a scholarship offer to the Fort Myers star just a couple of weeks back.

In fact, Johnson says Butch Jones and the Volunteers now hold the advantage in his recruitment. In addition to the SEC program, Johnson possesses scholarship offers from Miami, North Carolina, Ole Miss and South Florida among others.

"Tennessee, I go up there for the (official) visit on Dec. 5," Johnson said. "I like everything about them so far. They keep in touch with me everyday and I talk to them all the time. They want me to get the grades up and focus on that, and then they'll get me up Dec. 5 for the visit."

Johnson, who has no timetable for his decision, has no additional official visits scheduled as well.

VN Store

Back