Northeastern Oklahoma A&M J.C.
View Map
Ht:6'6"
Wt:230 lbs
Class:2016 (Junior College)

Jordan Bonner - Yahoo! Sports

Jordan Bonner, Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, Outside Linebacker

Jordan Bonner - Hudl

Tennessee has offered junior college defensive lineman Jordan Bonner. Should be talking to him this afternoon for a full story.

Just talked to him. He's a three-for-three guy. Is a little raw, but said at 220 he's run a 4.48. Interesting prospect if he can add some weight because he comes off the ball very quick.

He only played one year of HS football after being a basketball guy before then. Redshirted last year and will get out this spring. Full story coming up later today.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 3 people
Unimpressive offer list. Our Junior College luck has been practically nonexistent. Next..

Reactions: 1 person
lilesrt has spoken. Freak, can we just go ahead and delete this thread? TIA :hi:

Lol! :)

Sorry. I guess I am still a bit T'd off at the fact that Chris Weatherd has been practically nonexistent for the first 6 games of the season. Any idea who took him? :)

This is how I'd rate our Juco recruiting under Butch:

Hit: Kamara, Pearson, O. Williams
Decent: Weatherd, Johnathon Johnson
Bust: Blair, Quinn, Jones
Undetermined: Martin (but likely a hit)

I'd say that is a fairly good record, probably mirrors the overall success rate of the HS players he has recruited as well.

Edit: forgot Williams.

Last edited:

Hit: Kamara, Pearson

I'd say that is a fairly good record, probably mirrors the overall success rate of the HS players he has recruited as well.

Owen Williams is a big hit this year.

I'd almost classify Johnathon Johnson as a hit as well based on the fact that he was completely off-the-radar and he's made a meaningful contribution in what may be the deepest position group we have. I don't completely disagree with classifying him as "decent" but I think a case could be made for more.

Reactions: 2 people

Riyhad Jones?

I'd almost classify Johnathon Johnson as a hit as well based on the fact that he was completely off-the-radar and he's made a meaningful contribution in what may be the deepest position group we have. I don't completely disagree with classifying him as "decent" but I think a case could be made for more.

And yeah I'd say Johnson probably deserves an above expectations grade and Weatherd deserves a below expectations grade. Neither are hit or bust which is how I arrived at decent.

Blair just needs one more spring.. We are saving him

If Blair is that bad why not try him on the DL?

To give a somewhat serious answer, it has been reported his greatest weakness is strength. On the OL, you can sometimes mitigate a lack of strength with superior technique. On the DL, strength is even more important.

To give a somewhat serious answer, it has been reported his greatest weakness is strength. On the OL, you can sometimes mitigate a lack of strength with superior technique. On the DL, strength is even more important.

Leverage, too. Hard to get low and drive people when you're 6'8". Dan Skipper is pretty much the only guy I can think of who is successful at that size.

Reactions: 1 person
Weatherd isn't an every down guy, but he seems to show up when we need an athletic speed rush. He has also been used as a QB spy. I'm glad we have him.

Reactions: 6 people
Blair just needs to not come back next year that would make room to get another good high school recruit he has been giving plenty of chanches to contribute to this program and is a waste of scholership.

Reactions: 2 people
You still have to have guys to play against in practice. If Blair is that in a big body then he's got some value.

You still have to have guys to play against in practice. If Blair is that in a big body then he's got some value.

We can get a big body freshman for that. Blair should not be back next year IMHO. We have to make room for more talent.

VN Store

Back