'16 JUCO CB JaMarcus King

sanddune50

JAMARCUS-KING-150612-PRO.JPG

https://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/football/recruiting/player-JaMarcus-King-176943

Jamarcus King, Coffeyville C.C., Cornerback

Jamarcus King - Hudl

Per Hubbs

Tennessee is still looking for defensive back help and that includes junior college defensive back Mark King. The former Auburn commitment from Mobile, Ala., told us earlier this week he will be taking an official visit to Tennessee and the only other official he knows of right now is Florida. The Gators are the favorites at this point but he seems genuinely interested in the Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
In the Donte Vaughn thread Volinmem said Vaughn was told we were full with DB for 2016 and that was why he selected ND?

King wants to enroll early but he's lacking the required SEC math class. Reason he parted ways with Aubbie and UF didn't allow him to commit previously.

Damn, you'd think these JC kids, if they are interested in SEC schools would get that math class out of the way early. Someone isn't advising these guys right!

Reactions: 1 person
"I don't know too much, really. I just like it because it's in the SEC," King explained. "I plan on visiting there but I don't have the exact date. I just like the program and things I've been hearing about the program has me interested."

"They (Tennessee) told me they need an instant impact corner," he said. "He (Coach Martinez) seems like a cool coach and someone that will have me work hard and push me," King said. "Recruiting is going pretty good. I got offers from Louisville and Tennessee since I decommitted and that has me up around 23 offers." "I know I'll take official visits to Florida and Tennessee for a fact," King said. "I watched that whole (UT vs UGA) game. It was a good game and they came out and played hard," King said.

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Corner will probably be our biggest weakness next year

I see it as a weakness this year, and while we may lose Sutton after this year I don't seeing it as that big of a weakness next year. The guys struggling this year, bear in mind, are young players. Micah Abernathy 4* freshman, Justin Martin back and more acclimated to the system, Emmanuel Mosely a year older and better, Rashan Gaulden back at the nickel, Todd Kelly Jr. At safety, probably Nigel Warrior at the other safety as a freshman if he's as good as everyone says. Then you have the other corners and safetys in this class. I think a healthy secondary, and a healthy defensive line with Reeves-Maybin, Kirkland Jr, and our LB's a year more experienced. I think our defense will be much improved next year.

Reactions: 3 people
Whether its speed, recognition or technique the concernxis real and present. I lean toward the second 2 cause with their ranking coming out, 12 and 13'wouldn't be here if they were slow. Jmo

Last edited:
I see it as a weakness this year, and while we may lose Sutton after this year I don't seeing it as that big of a weakness next year. The guys struggling this year, bear in mind, are young players. Micah Abernathy 4* freshman, Justin Martin back and more acclimated to the system, Emmanuel Mosely a year older and better, Rashan Gaulden back at the nickel, Todd Kelly Jr. At safety, probably Nigel Warrior at the other safety as a freshman if he's as good as everyone says. Then you have the other corners and safetys in this class. I think a healthy secondary, and a healthy defensive line with Reeves-Maybin, Kirkland Jr, and our LB's a year more experienced. I think our defense will be much improved next year.

Not to mention D Miller who has impressed and Evan Berry who definitely has the speed to play outside or NB and maybe let Gaulden play outside or NB depending on the opposite teams personnel and situation. S Griffin also will be in mix. Rumors about Sapp being a Safety were intriguing, not sure how true or accurate those rumors were, but he looks pretty quick and could be a great nickel LB and help in coverage. Osborne will be a stud, hope Warrior is in our corner as well. DB should be fine next year especially with 4+ 1st round/day talents on DL getting after the QB.

Not to mention D Miller who has impressed and Evan Berry who definitely has the speed to play outside or NB and maybe let Gaulden play outside or NB depending on the opposite teams personnel and situation. S Griffin also will be in mix. Rumors about Sapp being a Safety were intriguing, not sure how true or accurate those rumors were, but he looks pretty quick and could be a great nickel LB and help in coverage. Osborne will be a stud, hope Warrior is in our corner as well. DB should be fine next year especially with 4+ 1st round/day talents on DL getting after the QB.

Speaking of Darrell Miller, how is he progressing? Is the plan to RS him this year?

In June, the 6-foot-1, 180-pound King committed to Auburn before backing off that pledge in September. King told 247Sports that he plans to take an official visit to UF this cycle. However, we have heard that King will struggle to get into an SEC school academically, so Florida is backing out of this recruitment as well. Others in the SEC feel there is still a slim chance for him to meet the academic standards, but again, it appears UF doesn’t feel comfortable enough to continue pursuing.

In June, the 6-foot-1, 180-pound King committed to Auburn before backing off that pledge in September. King told 247Sports that he plans to take an official visit to UF this cycle. However, we have heard that King will struggle to get into an SEC school academically, so Florida is backing out of this recruitment as well. Others in the SEC feel there is still a slim chance for him to meet the academic standards, but again, it appears UF doesn’t feel comfortable enough to continue pursuing.

Back to Auburn then.

VN Store

Back