What would this do for us in Georgia recruiting ?

jason3713

Just heard a scenario which does make perfect sense. Kirby smart takes the USC east job and Saban brings Pruitt back to Bama as DC and head coach in waiting.

Pruitt not only coached at Bama but played there. Would make perfect sense he would want to coach back at Bama and Saban can't stay more than 3-5 years.

Just heard a scenario which does make perfect sense. Kirby smart takes the USC east job and Saban brings Pruitt back to Bama as DC and head coach in waiting.

Pruitt not only coached at Bama but played there. Would make perfect sense he would want to coach back at Bama and Saban can't stay more than 3-5 years.

I think the better question is , Why does everyone think Pruitt is a good coach? His defense has been crap with Georgia, yet everyone keeps talking about him being a future head coach at a big program. When he shows he can lead his defense, then I would consider him a head coach candidate somewhere.

Reactions: 9 people
I think the better question is , Why does everyone think Pruitt is a good coach? His defense has been crap with Georgia, yet everyone keeps talking about him being a future head coach at a big program. When he shows he can lead his defense, then I would consider him a head coach candidate somewhere.

It's all perception, he won a national championship at Fl State. Now just saying he doesn't have his players in place yet.

Might be another reason he would jump at going back to Bama. He will have the best players on the field each week. He's getting exposed at GA without all 5 star players. They only had to play Auburn the year they won the NC and Auburn should have won.

Pruitt is a great DC. His defense really gave us fits too. I can't think of a better DC. UGA's D would look awful without him. :)

Reactions: 8 people
lol

Why would Kirby Smart take any other job besides Bama or UGA?

He has been offered plenty of dumpster fires like USCe, hes clearly waiting.

Reactions: 5 people
I actually think kiffin is now the better option over smart.

Kiffin is a great offensive mind no doubt but I just do not see why any top notch program would take a risk on him as a head coach ever again. People talk about the sanctions at USC holding him back but he still had some good talent to work with. Also Ed O salavaged the season when Kiffin got the boot. Point is, how did Coach O manage to coach them up but Lane could not.

Reactions: 1 person
Kiffin is a great offensive mind no doubt but I just do not see why any top notch program would take a risk on him as a head coach ever again. People talk about the sanctions at USC holding him back but he still had some good talent to work with. Also Ed O salavaged the season when Kiffin got the boot. Point is, how did Coach O manage to coach them up but Lane could not.

I could be way off but just think if he matures, he will be very successful. Great offensive mind, great recruiter, and would surround himself with a great staff.

Maybe 2 years under saban is what he needed.

So the sixth ranked defense in the SEC is total crap?

Pruitt is a great DC. His defense really gave us fits too. I can't think of a better DC. UGA's D would look awful without him. :)

I disagree.

I'd say his defense is exactly why we won the game. Yes, it did give us fits for most of the first half, but then DeBord used their defense against them. He picked it apart and used the weakness of their sets against them. Once Debord figured out how to play to the weakness of their defense we outscored them 38 - 7.

JMO of course.

Kirby would never leave Alabama if Saban planned on tapping someone on staff to the the HC. The reason he would leave would be to get HC experience so he could come back.

Maybe so but I still contend that a sixth ranked defense in the SEC is not total crap.

I agree. Their defense is not total crap. I think they have a pretty solid D. Once DeBord figured it out though, he tore it apart with solid play calling that played to their weaknesses.

I'll go so far as to say that, from about 1:00 minute left in the first half to the end of the game, DeBord pretty much played Pruitt like a fiddle. All of those sweet plays over the middle and the TD's to Kamara were set up by the runs up the middle and the screen passes that a lot of folks on here hate.

Reactions: 3 people
So the sixth ranked defense in the SEC is total crap?

I get what your saying, but they have only played 2 good teams and got smoked by both of us. Ace has a video link showing his d in the end zone. He didn't make any adjustments to our of fence.

Evidently Mark Stoops KY and Fuenta at Memphis are top candidates.

I just hope Kyle Whittingham doesn't go to USCe/w or the SEC unless it is at Tennessee.

I disagree.

I'd say his defense is exactly why we won the game. Yes, it did give us fits for most of the first half, but then DeBord used their defense against them. He picked it apart and used the weakness of their sets against them. Once Debord figured out how to play to the weakness of their defense we outscored them 38 - 7.

JMO of course.

I guess I wasn't being sarcastic enough?

Here's my realistic to semi-realistic (they've at least publicly shown interest in Vols) 2016 recruiting top 10 wish list:

1a. Nigel Warrior - legacy with 5* talent at position of need.
1b. Mecole Hardman - one of the fastest kids in the whole class and Jones and co. have obviously made him a priority since day one.
3. Tavien Feaster - only one on the list that may be faster than Hardman. Freak at tailback but seems solid to Clemson. He and Hardman on the field together would be like basketball on grass.
4. Joejuan Williams - perhaps top overall in-state player at position of need. Showed out at the Opening.
5. Kyle Davis - 5* talent at position of need. Dominated at the Opening.
6. Nigel Knott - may be the only other guy on the list in the same league as Hardman and Feaster in terms of speed. Perhaps the greatest position of need. Would be higher but seems Ole Miss bound.
7. Derrick Brown - best d-line prospect that we have the best shot at.
8. Rashan Gary - prob the overall best prospect in the whole class. Has at least mentioned us publicly.
9. Landon Dickerson - best o-line prospect that we have the best shot at. Apparently dominates at every camp he goes to. Last top 3 was UT, Auburn, and Va Tech.
10. E. J. Price - next best o-line prospect that we have the best shot at.

Just missed the list: Emmett Gooden (grades apparently), Janarius Robinson, Koron Crump, Jauan Williams (OL), Diondre Overton, Donnie Corley, Nate Craig, Raheem Walker, Marquez Callaway

Here's my realistic to semi-realistic (they've at least publicly shown interest in Vols) 2016 recruiting top 10 wish list:

1a. Nigel Warrior - legacy with 5* talent at position of need.
1b. Mecole Hardman - one of the fastest kids in the whole class and Jones and co. have obviously made him a priority since day one.
3. Tavien Feaster - only one on the list that may be faster than Hardman. Freak at tailback but seems solid to Clemson. He and Hardman on the field together would be like basketball on grass.
4. Joejuan Williams - perhaps top overall in-state player at position of need. Showed out at the Opening.
5. Kyle Davis - 5* talent at position of need. Dominated at the Opening.
6. Nigel Knott - may be the only other guy on the list in the same league as Hardman and Feaster in terms of speed. Perhaps the greatest position of need. Would be higher but seems Ole Miss bound.
7. Derrick Brown - best d-line prospect that we have the best shot at.
8. Rashan Gary - prob the overall best prospect in the whole class. Has at least mentioned us publicly.
9. Landon Dickerson - best o-line prospect that we have the best shot at. Apparently dominates at every camp he goes to. Last top 3 was UT, Auburn, and Va Tech.
10. E. J. Price - next best o-line prospect that we have the best shot at.

Just missed the list: Emmett Gooden (grades apparently), Janarius Robinson, Koron Crump, Jauan Williams (OL), Diondre Overton, Donnie Corley, Nate Craig, Raheem Walker, Marquez Callaway

No way that JoeJuan Williams is higher on the board than Derrick Brown & Kyle Davis

I'd move Feaster down as well

No way that JoeJuan Williams is higher on the board than Derrick Brown & Kyle Davis

I'd move Feaster down as well

Yeah it's just my wish list, it's not like a prediction for what I think the coach's board looks like or anything. I did try to factor in things like what I thought were greatest need and greatest likelihood of signing a little bit. I got Williams that high b/c he seemed to have a good showing at the Opening playing coverage and db is the weakest link for us on the field right now, also getting positive vibes about signing him from reading things on here. Based purely on need, I'd put Knott at #1. Based purely on best player/biggest want, I'd have Feaster and Gary as 1c and 1d right there with Warrior and Hardman. Feaster (although he did seem to have a big visit), Knott, and Gary would all rank low in terms of likelihood, unfortunately.

Maybe so but I still contend that a sixth ranked defense in the SEC is not total crap.

Georgia's defensive stats are really skewed due to playing the easiest September schedule in the conference that included two of the three worst offenses in the SEC. Tennessee and Alabama completely shredded Georgia's defense to the tune of over 6 yards per play.

VN Store

Back