Last nights win and effects on recruiting

jason3713

All talk for the last couple of weeks were Butch can't get it done and we need to replace the staff.

Now if you go to the GA message boards it's fire Richt our staff sucks. I don't mean just a couple of posts I mean post after post after post. One guys started a petition and they have a hundred or so from the board since last night enter the fire them group.

I know everyone one was worried about us loosing recruits. Now how much and who will this work best for. I know we're in on many GA kids and its down to us or GA.

If these kids think the staff might not be around who does this help us with the most?

They aren't firing Richt. UGA under preforms with the talent they have every year, but it's hard to fire a coach that wins 10 games. I will say that game helped with the kids who are down to us and UGA. The environment, the jerseys, getting the W, and FINALLY using our WRs all look really good.

Reactions: 10 people
Had to be a big plus to any recruits at the game. An awesome comeback with 100k+ screaming Vols fans..... I think that would impress 99.999% HS kids.

Reactions: 1 person
Does it help recruiting....? Absolutely. However, the team must finish better than last year's 6-6 to show that the program is "on the rise". One game isn't a deal finisher with highly prized recruits. It does help stave off the "Fire Butch", "Program sucks", etc. crowd which takes the focus off of loses and puts it back on "brick by brick" and more positive karma.

UT's only rival for being on the "rebuild" track is obviously UF. They are red-hot.

There were a ton of recruits from that state of GA at last nights game including the top 3 in the state. Can't hurt winning this game since we are involved with most of them. Richt is now under fire and you have to wonder if they will pull a Phil Fulmer and think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. I will agree with the GA fans that Richt always loses a game or two every year he shouldn't.

Does it help recruiting....? Absolutely. However, the team must finish better than last year's 6-6 to show that the program is "on the rise". One game isn't a deal finisher with highly prized recruits. It does help stave off the "Fire Butch", "Program sucks", etc. crowd which takes the focus off of loses and puts it back on "brick by brick" and more positive karma.

UT's only rival for being on the "rebuild" track is obviously UF. They are red-hot.

UF will be coming back down to earth next Saturday when they get drilled at LSU

Reactions: 7 people

:)The win certainly should help our recruiting. The so called "fans" that repeatedly offer negative comments on Tennessee football and the coaching staff on Vol Nation certainly never accomplish anything positive to support recruiting players. In the past if you were a player would you want to consider Tennessee with some of these "negatives" on Tennessee?

Minimal if any.

Wasn't worried about recruiting during the rough times this year and not thinking the good times will swing it much either

I find it hilarious that when Tennessee fans bash the coaches and players, saying fire everyone; the belief is that if they don't complain the recruits won't come to Tennessee because our coaches are horrible. The bashing some how helps the situation.

But, as soon as another school bashes their coach, it only helps Tennessee on every recruit that is considering that team. No offense to the OP, just find the schizophrenia comical.

Reactions: 4 people
It was not Richt's fault that 81 did not catch that perfectly thrown pass. If the Ga fans want him fired they are stupider than Volnation fans (me included) that called for Butch to change coordinators.

Reactions: 2 people
I find it hilarious that when Tennessee fans bash the coaches and players, saying fire everyone; the belief is that if they don't complain the recruits won't come to Tennessee because our coaches are horrible. The bashing some how helps the situation.

But, as soon as another school bashes their coach, it only helps Tennessee on every recruit that is considering that team. No offense to the OP, just find the schizophrenia comical.

I 100% believe it can be used in recruiting. Maybe not the message boards but when national media gets on board. Easy for a coach to say, sure you want to go there when you don't know who will be coaching you.

I also watched one of the GA media guys from Neyland last night. He said it was an embarrassment and this is what gets you fired. Also said I had to drive here for my job but I don't know why any GA fans wasted their time.

These are the things used in recruiting.

:)The win certainly should help our recruiting. The so called "fans" that repeatedly offer negative comments on Tennessee football and the coaching staff on Vol Nation certainly never accomplish anything positive to support recruiting players. In the past if you were a player would you want to consider Tennessee with some of these "negatives" on Tennessee?

Unfortunately, social media gives the vocal minority such a huge stage and these kids definitely plugged into it. If national news outlets picked up the 'CBJ punched Crowder' garbage, you can bet the majority of our potential recruits did.

Lucky for UT, EVERY program has their share of internet heros. I just think some of ours are a special kind of stupid. Hopefully, these kids learn early and often to just ignore.

It was not Richt's fault that 81 did not catch that perfectly thrown pass. If the Ga fans want him fired they are stupider than Volnation fans (me included) that called for Butch to change coordinators.

Being up 24-3 and then losing is Richt fault

Maybe losing a heisman potential RB played a role in ugas loss.

TN was very fortunate of the drop pass that would have potentially tied the game and the outcome is unknown if that occurred

The passing game got better. Wish we would throw to the middle more than to the side line.

Use the wheel route more often too.

Our defense secondary is still a concern defending pass and tackling

I hope LSU destroys florida. But... can you imagine if Florida wins and gets into the top 5? :sick:

I hope LSU destroys florida. But... can you imagine if Florida wins and gets into the top 5? :sick:

All that would mean is we were a lucky 4th and 14 completion from beating a top 5 Florida team in the swamp.

The more Florida wins the more impressive our domination of them for 3.5 quarters looks.

Last edited:
Maybe losing a heisman potential RB played a role in ugas loss.

TN was very fortunate of the drop pass that would have potentially tied the game and the outcome is unknown if that occurred

The passing game got better. Wish we would throw to the middle more than to the side line.

Use the wheel route more often too.

Our defense secondary is still a concern defending pass and tackling

UGA went up 24-3 without Chubb, so don't play that card. Who knows what happens with him still in the game? Maybe we blow them out, maybe we get blown out. Injuries are part of the game unfortunately, and we have had our fair share over the years that really hurt us. You could easily make a case that we would have beat UGA last year, if Worley had not have gotten hurt for a few possessions. We won, and came back from a huge deficit with a fairly young team...we are the better team...end of story.

Being up 24-3 and then losing is Richt fault

Yea, he should've went conservative on his offensive play calling in the 2nd half with such a big lead... Oh wait,...
We were the better team, plain and simple... We gave them the big lead and then proceeded to outscore them 35-7...

All that would mean is we were a lucky 4th and 14 completion from beating a top 5 Florida team in the swamp.

The more Florida wins the more impressive our domination of them for 3.5 quarters looks.

That's true. Our offense certainly looked better than anybody else's has against them.

It's not like any of us really believed Florida was just
going to suck from now on. I would actually rather Florida be the team to beat than Georgia in the East. I like the idea of Georgia slowly fading back down to where they belong.

Bring me all of their recruits. I would just hate to see all those fine young men accidentally end up at Georgia while they are on the slow methodical decline. They better play it safe and come on over to Knoxville so they can at least know what it's like to be good during their time in college.

Eeehhehehehe georgia sucking again is going to be the funnest thing ever.

I sure hope we get some good news on the recruiting front. It was a great game for them to see and for us of course.

VN Store

Back