'17 VA DE Luiji Vilain

“I have eight offers – Penn State, Syracuse, Rutgers, Minnesota, South Florida, Virginia, Wisconsin and Tennessee,” Luiji Vilain said. “Ohio State and Michigan State are the other main schools recruiting me.

“All the schools are recruiting me pretty hard and I’m just taking my time right now and evaluating all my options. They’re all even right now.”

Tennessee was the most recent school to offer.

“It means a lot,” said the 6-foot-3, 235-pound Vilain. “I’ve been in contact with (defensive line) coach (Steve) Stripling and (defensive assistant) coach (Chase) Dixon for a while. They’re recruiting me and I talk to them almost on a weekly basis.

“It’s SEC football, so it’s a great conference. I haven’t been down there yet, but I’m going to try to soon. I’m looking forward to seeing the facilities and just learning more about the program.”

What’s next for Vilain?

“I’ll probably visit a school close to home – maybe Virginia,” he said. “As I mentioned, I definitely want to go to Tennessee. I also want to go to Penn State and Ohio State. But I don’t have anything scheduled right now.”

I believe the Luigi villain is named "Waluigi."

Waluigi.png

Reactions: 5 people
VA DE Luiji Vilain rose in the latest 247 rankings to #92 overall. For those keeping track, Vilain makes it at least EIGHT DL from VA UT is after as of this date (DE Vilain, DE/DT Jordan Williams, DE Yetur Matos, DT Darnell Ewell, DT Eric Crosby, DT Breyon Gaddy, DE Tyjuan Garbutt, DE Elijah Conliffe).

Recruiting in VA will be very critical this cycle. UT is after 10 of the top 11 rated players in VA: (1) RB Khalan Laborn, (2) Vilain, (3) Williams, (4) ATH Devon Hunter, (5) Matos, (6) Ewell, (7) Crosby, (8) Gaddy, (10) Garbutt, (11) WR Tahj Capehart

2017 Top Virginia Football Recruits

If we successfully recruit DL in 2017, it will be in part due to success in VA.

Reactions: 2 people
VA DE Luiji Vilain rose in the latest 247 rankings to #92 overall. For those keeping track, Vilain makes it at least EIGHT DL from VA UT is after as of this date (DE Vilain, DE/DT Jordan Williams, DE Yetur Matos, DT Darnell Ewell, DT Eric Crosby, DT Breyon Gaddy, DE Tyjuan Garbutt, DE Elijah Conliffe).

Recruiting in VA will be very critical this cycle. UT is after 10 of the top 11 rated players in VA: (1) RB Khalan Laborn, (2) Vilain, (3) Williams, (4) ATH Devon Hunter, (5) Matos, (6) Ewell, (7) Crosby, (8) Gaddy, (10) Garbutt, (11) WR Tahj Capehart

2017 Top Virginia Football Recruits

If we successfully recruit DL in 2017, it will be in part due to success in VA.

It looks like TN and VA will be the two most important states for us to do really well in this year.

VN Store

Back