Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia Pre-Game/Game Thread

nicksjuzunk

Coming home soon.
Georgia at Tennessee:

Georgia has piled up some big numbers on soft opponents, early in the season. Bama brought them back down to earth last week, and maybe provided the Vols with some ways to bring out a victory.

Keys to Victory:

1. Continue to pass: Tennessee showed a commitment to developing the passing game against Arkansas. To be honest, it wasn't the best, but they must continue to pass if they want to win football games. Dobbs was 20-36, 232 yards on a slippery field. This included some drops, wise throw aways, and a couple the seemed to lack effort on the receiving end. Although some question Dobbs ability to pass, there are yards to be found in the passing game, and Bama showed that if you poke in the right places, UGA's secondary can be exploited. Dobbs needs to pass for 250+ yards.

2. Mobile Dobbs: Dobbs was not his normal, slashing self in the game against Arkansas. His game is built on cut-and-go mobility, and the field simply took that away. That was a huge detriment to the offense, and I would argue, an element that was a game changer. UGA has a very good front 7 and pressure will be on Dobbs. If he can slash and go, he could find monster yards on the ground. If not, he will be hit often in the backfield.

3. Ground Chubb: A little secret... Nick Chubb is the key to the UGA offense. They will not beat you through the air... period. Chubb gets huge yardage every game. Sometimes, he can be held in check, and then burst through for 80 yards on a single rush. This scares the dookie out of me, given the way our MLB has been playing, and Randolph seeming to miss more tackles by the week. Chubb cannot get the big run, and the defense must keep him pinned down.

4. Finish the Game: Recurring theme. Players are missing assignments on defense, and it has to stop. The offense has to run efficiently for 4 quarters.

5. Adjust your gameplan: The opponents will adjust to the Vols gameplan, depending on the progress of the game. If the Vol coaches are too stubborn to adjust along with it, we will lose.

6. Run with the Hurd: If Hurd out rushes Chubb, we have a very good chance in this game, assuming turnovers are not skewed in UGA's favor. He must have touches... catches and runs. Try the edge, up the gut... find something that is working, and balance the offense with a steady dose of Hurd.

7. Come to Play: You can only judge so much by watching on TV, but the team lacked intensity last week, IMO. Either you are ready to leave it all on the field, or you are not. The Vols have the TALENT to run with UGA this week. If they can come with a tenacious mindset, and the coaches make the right calls, they may pull this out.

Prediction: I've been burned too much this season to think this one is going any different than what I have seen. Prove me wrong.

UGA 41
TN 20

Reactions: 2 people
There's plenty of positives here...

We have our health

And

We're all dear friends.

Dogs 35

Vols 20

Reactions: 3 people
Vegas begging the $ to go heavy on the dawgs with a 2.5pt line.

Public rarely wins!

Vols 28
Dawgs 24

Reactions: 5 people
GA 42
TN 13

Richt would like nothing more than to kick our teeth in to curtail our recruiting efforts in GA.

I will say this...

I am absolutely sure that Tennessee CAN win this game. I just don't think they will, because I've seen 3 "cans" that "could not".

Reactions: 3 people
My keys are:

1.) On Offense - move the ball down the field by running and/or passing. And try to get the ball into the endzone for a touchdown or kick a field goal.
2.) On Defense - prevent GA from doing the offensive items listed above.

Call me crazy but I think we get a huge, turnaround win this week.

And Sunday the video of Butch slugging Crowder is leaked and we have to fire him.

Call me crazy but I think we get a huge, turnaround win this week.

And Sunday the video of Butch slugging Crowder is leaked and we have to fire him.

That's ridiculous! That would only happen after we beat Georgia and Alabama back to back

I watched the dawgs against Bama . They became unhinged. Unnecessary personal fouls .
They are not a disciplined team . They had no business in the top ten with their QB situation. Talk about a team that believed the hype. Must stop Chubb. Make their QB beat us with his arm and we have a shot.

Vols 31
Dawgs 30

Reactions: 1 person
All the streaks are broken this week somehow some way...3:30 CBS game, losing streak to UGA, can't win a big game, get a 2 score lead and choke it away, and there's probably more than that. Vols find a way to overcome adversity and win.

I watched the dawgs against Bama . They became unhinged. Unnecessary personal fouls .
They are not a disciplined team . They had no business in the top ten with their QB situation. Talk about a team that believed the hype. Must stop Chubb. Make their QB beat us with his arm and we have a shot.

Vols 31
Dawgs 30

You're not saying that Mark Richt has lost control of.....his team, are you?

I think we win because blue-tick hounds are waaaaay cooler than bulldogs.

Because Smoky>>>>>>>>>>>Ugah

Vols 31
Dawgs 24

(and we come from behind this time)

Reactions: 2 people
Cue the posters who will condescendingly ridicule you guys for even having hope we win in 3....2.....1......

VN Store

Back