Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVolforLifenmeZac

A Vol Nut
Well guys, this thread should probably take us close to the end of the season. We've had a heart breaking 1/3 of a season so far, but let's not give up on this team. They deserve our support. We all know Butch is making some questionable decisions but we will get through this one way or another. Don't jump ship just yet. Keep the faith. GBO and VFL

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
It's hard. I feel for players and season ticket holders put so much into the Vols. I also fear he will lose his players. Those kids are not dumb over there.

Martin will grow into that role.

The others: Foreman and Moseley need to be running for that piss poor effort they gave on that 4th down.

I hope so but man we have had some major issues in the secondary for a long time now. We used to always be loaded in the secondary.

This is the way I see the season playing out:

BGSU Win
OK Loss
WC Win
FL Loss

ARK loss
GA loss
AL loss

Two of these:
MO
KY
SC

Vandy Win
NTX Win

6-6.

It is what it is.

Reactions: 2 people
Do we need a WR coach?

Yes our WRs technique is terrible. They can't seperation on press coverage. We also run no timing routs at all (i.e.: 3 s hook, 5 s out, 7 s high lo) anything like that. Also have you ever seen an NFL WR start out low like our WRs do? No. Then why do we do it?

Well guys, this thread should probably take us close to the end of the season. We've had a heart breaking 1/3 of a season so far, but let's not give up on this team. They deserve our support. We all know Butch is making some questionable decisions but we will get through this one way or another. Don't jump ship just yet. Keep the faith. GBO and VFL

These are the times when character is tested. Anyone can see the talent base is growing. As long as the coaches don't let the negativity from some of the fanbase reach the players they'll become battle hardened by these tough losses.

Reactions: 5 people
Yes our WRs technique is terrible. They can't seperation on press coverage. We also run no timing routs at all (i.e.: 3 s hook, 5 s out, 7 s high lo) anything like that. Also have you ever seen an NFL WR start out low like our WRs do? No. Then why do we do it?

More or less joking, given our inability to actually throw to the receiver.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol, we lose to UF in heartbreaking fashion and our best player on defense breaks his ****ing jaw?

Just shut down the program. It's just not meant to be anymore. The football gods are trying to tell us something.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm ready to get away from this finesse spread offense. Imagine an offense scheme that gets Hurd and kamara doing downhill consistently. Drags and flat are the backbone of our passing gone. Spread offenses are fine but the ones that work have a power running/ downfield passing aspects.

There are so many different offensive schemes that would do great with out players. (Our Oline does suck but quick timing routs would help) I just hate this finesse offense we run.

I thought this was a recruiting thread? I guess we need to talk about the coaches because there isn't going to be any recruiting going on anytime soon with this type of coaching. the smoke and mirrors of butch jones recruiting is now dead, the jig is up.... unfortunately recruits, especially WR's won't want to even sniff this dumpster fire in the making. Jones and staff have been exposed. sorry, no sunshine pump here, just the hard reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back