sanddune50

7_3735235.jpg

Derrek Pitts - Yahoo! Sports
Derrek Pitts, South Charleston, Athlete
Derrek Pitts Jr. - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN
Derrek Pitts - Hudl

Will be at the Oklahoma game per Hubbs

Reactions: 1 person
Goes to school with my son. Tall and thin plays receiver and rush linebacker. Has offers from Auburn, Oklahoma, Va Tech. Wvu and about 12 others. Weight gain and could be very good. About 6 ft 2 or 3

Reactions: 4 people
Weak competition. WV has perhaps the worst high school football talent in the nation, very unlikely he's SEC caliber.

The fact that you had to use a 40 year old proves my point. I'm sure even Alaska has someone that had a good NFL career at some point in history.

I used an NFL Hall of Famer to show you talent can come from even states that aren't known as traditionally talent rich states. The point stands that any state can have individual talent. We aren't talking about making that state a huge focus moving forward.

Reactions: 4 people
I used an NFL Hall of Famer to show you talent can come from even states that aren't known as traditionally talent rich states. The point stands that any state can have individual talent. We aren't talking about making that state a huge focus moving forward.

:crazy:

So you were playing captain obvious, and chose to disregard I was just bringing up an obvious trend. Great contribution. I'm sure this kid will go on to be a household name because Randy Moss is from the same state.

Goes to school with my son. Tall and thin plays receiver and rush linebacker. Has offers from Auburn, Oklahoma, Va Tech. Wvu and about 12 others. Weight gain and could be very good. About 6 ft 2 or 3

Thanks for the update. Feel free to pass along any information you feel comfortable to share.:hi:

The weak comp I will agree but the last time I checked auburn and Tennessee both have high interest and I think they play in the sec. Also obviously you have not been to the Midwest aka Iowa neb etc 8 man football can make you a star in some god awful football.

:crazy:

So you were playing captain obvious, and chose to disregard I was just bringing up an obvious trend. Great contribution. I'm sure this kid will go on to be a household name because Randy Moss is from the same state.
So we shouldn't offer anyone who plays weak competition because its impossible to be talented in a state with weak competition?

Reactions: 3 people
So we shouldn't offer anyone who plays weak competition because its impossible to be talented in a state with weak competition?

Sure, in this black and white no gray area world we live in.

We throw out about 250 offers each class as a program. We have room for 25 on average.

I doubt we end up going hard on this guy unless other options fall through.

This kid could very well turn out to be a good player. The state he was born in doesn't matter. Neither does the state he plays in.

Reactions: 2 people
Sure, in this black and white no gray area world we live in.

We throw out about 250 offers each class as a program. We have room for 25 on average.

I doubt we end up going hard on this guy unless other options fall through.

Throw the baby out with the bath water much?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 12.16.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 12.16.26 PM.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 9
Some quotes from last week;

“First, the crowd, 100,000 people there, that’s what you want. On defense, it makes intense for you,” Pitts said. “Then, the coaching staff, they’re really cool. They’ve got coach Shoop from Penn State and we had a good relationship when he was at Penn State and now he’s at Tennessee.”

“Coach Shoop is upfront and he’s going to tell you how it is and what you’re going to do and if you’re going to play or not,” Pitts said. “Coach Gillespie is a funny guy to be around. He’s always cracking jokes around you.” “They see me as a strong safety, someone that’s going to ball-hunt, somebody that’s going to come down and lay some hits,” Pitts said. “Somebody that can jump in the air and get an interception or do whatever it takes to win.”

“I want to go up there as soon as possible,” Pitts said. “This summer I should have a list or something out there. But, I’m going to take a lot of visits this summer before I do anything.”

-VQ

Coach G and Shoop tearin it up

Reactions: 3 people
I like his film. I'd be cool to get our full class of safeties committed in one week. Gray, Jackson, Pitts. I'll take it.

The fact that you had to use a 40 year old proves my point. I'm sure even Alaska has someone that had a good NFL career at some point in history.

Mark Schlereth went to Service High I think in Anchorage.

VN Store

Back