Sarkisian's Recruits

Im sure that well over 50% of recruits have used far more offensive language than what Coach Sarkisian did. I dont believe this is as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be. Now Art Briles thats a different ball game.

Reactions: 4 people
Issue isn't the language. Issue is the stability of Sark's job. That clearly impacts a recruit's decision.

I understand that but I doubt seriously his job will be in jeopardy over the issue. Now it could be used against him if the on field results fall short.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol, if you think sarks job is in jeapordy over this, you're insane. He probably won't face any suspension at all. He needs help though, but recruits will still line up to play for him at SC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I don't know how SC gets the recruits...they are in Watts & UCLA is in Beverly Hills!

Im sure that well over 50% of recruits have used far more offensive language than what Coach Sarkisian did. I dont believe this is as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be. Now Art Briles thats a different ball game.

The language isn't the issue. The decision to get hammered enough to be portrayed as a raging alcoholic by other schools might be an issue. I don't for a minute think USC even considers replacing him but I also don't for a minute think this might come up in some of the recruit's living rooms as an issue.

Hey, we have bigger issues at Rocky Top. We may soon be known as ZE TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS. JUST IMAGINE John Ward saying "Bang! Ze was dropped for a loss by number 98 Reggie White." Or " Give Zim 6!" The politically correct Nazis at UT will have us the laughing stock of the S E C. Not counting the rest of the world.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm kinda of surprised that there's a misunderstanding of the main issue here. It's the obvious lack of CORRECT decision making skills displayed by your CEO... and especially at USC where the ground right now is icy thin already. In this day were every word said, deed done, and person associated with is dissected and examined like a lab project one can be in hot water over seemingly little. (Not that I think what he did was little. Actually REALLY stupid).....Now I don't think we can steal any recruits over this but let's at least understand the real issue...

Reactions: 2 people
I do not think we get any recruits because of this or he gets in trouble publically. But in reality he is in trouble to an extint be hind the scenes with USC. We know USC wants to win games, but they I am sure have their own version of Jimmy "Booger" Cheek who is horrified at the university's image being tarnished because of this. Where this episode comes into play is, IF and ONLY IF, there is another episode with Sark or he does not finish rehab. Then USC's Booger may decide you can not really ban booze on campus when the highest paid employee on campus is a alcoholic. Then two strikes might get him fired.

Reactions: 1 person

Their coach is in rehab. Southern moms don't want their babies supervised by a guy in rehab

There's always some advertising and speaking engagements he can do for this brand....

10_10_11_cutty1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes he is. Big time and every other coach is definitely going to us it against them in recruiting

Its part of the business. Just like coaches are using it against Butch right now that he supposedly works his players too hard and gets a lot of his guys injured. I'm not convinced Sark is in big trouble...yet. I think the university wants to save face by acting as though they are giving serious consideration to firing him (it's a win-win incase he messes up again or the season tanks). In reality, though, if the guy wins on the field and keeps his act relatively clean, this will be just be another media spectacle forgotten soon after football starts back up.

VN Store

Back