'16 TX WR Tyrell Alexander

Hmm...has been a few new 2016 WR offers go out lately. I wonder if we got bad news on one of our top targets.

Reactions: 1 person
Hmm...has been a few new 2016 WR offers go out lately. I wonder if we got bad news on one of our top targets.

Seems like the staff has just gone through another evaluation period and is giving out another round of offers. I personally don't think it says anything about our current position with other recruits.

knew someone would say this lol

It's a logical and possible assumption. When we see rival teams start throwing out new offers for a certain position, then we draw a conclusion that they may have missed on a big target and is good news for us possibly. What's the difference? All I said was I wonder if we may have gotten bad news. Hopefully we haven't...maybe Butch is using it as a tactic to accelerate someone's recruitment and make a commitment.

My take is butch likes to throw out offers and recruit a high volume of guys. That way if he does miss on a guy he has a pretty good backup plan.

Butch isn't just going after WRs, he's throwing out offers to guys who are currently commited to other teams to. See the VTech CB and the current Houston S.

As the program gets more time to scout some people you'll see some of these underrated guys get offers. We've seen several times in the past that we offer a kid that isn't on most team's radar yet and then once we elevate and offer they start to blow up afterwards and have some other teams offer.

It's a logical and possible assumption. When we see rival teams start throwing out new offers for a certain position, then we draw a conclusion that they may have missed on a big target and is good news for us possibly. What's the difference? All I said was I wonder if we may have gotten bad news. Hopefully we haven't...maybe Butch is using it as a tactic to accelerate someone's recruitment and make a commitment.

It would be if this was December, but still this far away from signing day a lot of under the radar guys will ball out this season and just start to be noticed. We start to throw out offers a month before signing day then yeah I'd start to worry.

As the program gets more time to scout some people you'll see some of these underrated guys get offers. We've seen several times in the past that we offer a kid that isn't on most team's radar yet and then once we elevate and offer they start to blow up afterwards and have some other teams offer.

Butch is a master in finding "diamond-in-the-rough" prospects or kids that, for whatever reason, have flown under the radar. In Alexander's case, he might be another Juaun Jennings-type athlete. Tyrell is "primed for a big senior season playing receiver after being a run-first quarterback for Lancaster as a junior, when he ran for 1,147 yards and 10 touchdowns. He also threw for 719 yards, seven touchdowns, and seven interceptions." Scout Recruiting - National Signing Day Coverage, Latest Commits, Top Prospects and More Front Page

Butch is a master in finding "diamond-in-the-rough" prospects or kids that, for whatever reason, have flown under the radar. In Alexander's case, he might be another Juaun Jennings-type athlete. Tyrell is "primed for a big senior season playing receiver after being a run-first quarterback for Lancaster as a junior, when he ran for 1,147 yards and 10 touchdowns. He also threw for 719 yards, seven touchdowns, and seven interceptions." Scout Recruiting - National Signing Day Coverage, Latest Commits, Top Prospects and More Front Page

yep. hes def not under the radar.

Per Hubbs

At wide receiver, Tennessee quickly made a move with Texas athlete Tyrell Alexander this week. The Vols offered him early in the week after some initial contact and Alexander has worked quickly to try and find the right weekend to make it to Knoxville. Look for that visit to be set up by the next War Room.

Alexander likes the idea of playing in the SEC and said he and Zach Azzanni quickly hit it off when they talked for nearly an hour one night earlier this week.

Per Hubbs

One to really pay attention to is Tyrell Alexander out of Texas. The one-time Oklahoma State commitment has told some he really likes the idea of playing in the SEC and has really started a strong relationship with Azzanni.

VN Store

Back