Need your expertise

fade route

Just being honest
I admittedly do not follow recruiting as much as I should. I simply wait for the booms and then celebrate with everyone else. That said, it looks like we could add some Olinemen and WRs to this 2016 class. Who do we have a reasonable or good shot at signing at those two positions?

Thanks recruiting gurus.

Reactions: 1 person
EJ Price and Landon Dickerson are some top OL targets.

Kyle Davis, Freddie Swain, and Mecole Hardman Re some top WR targets. Marquez Callaway is also a target but could play CB.

Basically anybody's thread you see on the first page in the RF, then there is perpetual interest from both sides, so just pay attention to whose thread is bumped.

Reactions: 4 people
I admittedly do not follow recruiting as much as I should. I simply wait for the booms and then celebrate with everyone else. That said, it looks like we could add some Olinemen and WRs to this 2016 class. Who do we have a reasonable or good shot at signing at those two positions?

Thanks recruiting gurus.

I am surprised and heartbroken to learn that you don't ,in fact, know it all.

Everything I once believed must now be re-evaluated. It is a dark day indeed! :cray:

jk :)

Reactions: 2 people
I am surprised and heartbroken to learn that you don't ,in fact, know it all.

Everything I once believed must now be re-evaluated. It is a dark day indeed! :cray:

jk :)

It's a facade I use to hide my insecurities...:cray:

Kyle Davis, Freddie Swain, and Mecole Hardman Re some top WR targets. Marquez Callaway is also a target but could play CB.

Basically anybody's thread you see on the first page in the RF, then there is perpetual interest from both sides, so just pay attention to whose thread is bumped.

This. I'd say you will see some booms coming from some WR's as the season rolls along if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly. I'm less certain what will be the answer on OL. IIRC, one of the guys we're in on has/had grade issues, so that position gives me some pause.

This is a pretty good post. I think ideally at WR we would land Callaway, Hardman, Davis and that would be one of the best classes in the country at WR; Hardman looks like the one that is most likely to go elsewhere out of that trio. We have a lot of kids taking OVs here so it could be a really fluid position where maybe you get some interest that you weren't expecting from a higher rated guy like the kid from Cali whose name escapes me or Victor out of FL.

Thanks recruiting gurus.

Hey, when you get as old as me, you just start hoping that there's more booms left!:unsure:

Kyle Davis is listed as the no. 2 wide receiver prospect in 247 Sports Composite ranking and the No. 24 prospect overall by the same source; he is also listed as the top receiver overall in 247Sports' individual rankings (2016 Top Wide Receivers Recruits). It probably would be safe to say that he would be our most coveted target among wide receivers.

Despite his youth, if you look at his physique (Kyle Davis, Archer, Wide Receiver), the most immediate comparison that comes to mind is with Terrell Owens. That observation, of course, is made with no presuppositions pertaining to Davis' eventual collegiate career. Nevertheless, he clearly is a big, strong kid that should be able to muscle his way past defenders on a "fade route."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
OL
EJ Price
Landon Dickerson
Marcus Tatum

WR
Kyle Davis
Mecole Hardman
Donnie Corley
Binjimin Victor
Freddie Swain
Stephen Sullivan

OL
EJ Price
Landon Dickerson
Marcus Tatum

WR
Kyle Davis
Mecole Hardman
Donnie Corley
Binjimin Victor
Freddie Swain
Stephen Sullivan

I wish we could get in on a couple other high caliber OL. If we miss on 1 or 2 of the above mentioned I believe it is a long way down to the next tier of recruits on our board.

I wish we could get in on a couple other high caliber OL. If we miss on 1 or 2 of the above mentioned I believe it is a long way down to the next tier of recruits on our board.

Also agree. Even if we were to get all 3, we need 2 more IMO

Also agree. Even if we were to get all 3, we need 2 more IMO

Disagree. Get four elite ones and we're fine this year. Hall was an absolute steal in last class; he's going to be the LT for several years moving forward with Richmond on the right. If somehow we land Dickerson, Price, and Tatum to go along with Johnson, that would be a fantastic Oline class. I'd be over the moon if we land two of those guys.

VN Store

Back