How many 2016 scholarships are available?

JohnD13

Grudiot Hater
Before the loss of several players looked like we could not take too many players now with those guys leaving, anyone have a fix on how many scholarships will be available for the 2016 class?

Before the loss of several players looked like we could not take too many players now with those guys leaving, anyone have a fix on how many scholarships will be available for the 2016 class?

We don't keep up with Ole Miss recruiting on this board.

Reactions: 13 people
21 supposedly is the hard cap before we run into forward counting or blue shirting which we will not do this year as 2017 is too loaded. 2017 Butch has a chance to have a top three class.

Reactions: 1 person
Long story short, nobody knows. There are people on here who will tell you they know. But they don't know.

22 if we use a blue shirt, i called coach last night and he told me not to post it but you VOL NATION are my brothers so i cant lie to you:eek:lol: Nobody on here really knows they might tell you so but they dont, i dont know even if coach Jones knows at this point, its a long time before NSD, BUT GUESSING I WOULD SAY BETWEEN 20 AND 22. We just need to fill our major needs with this class and not worry where we are ranked we need O-LINEMEN AND D-LINEMEN, THATS WHERE IT IS WON AT, not the pretty boys we need BIG MEAN UGLY NASTY RECRUITS IN THIS CLASS WHERE WE DONT GET CAUGHT HAVING TO START FRESHMEN ON THE OL.

Last edited:
21 supposedly is the hard cap before we run into forward counting or blue shirting which we will not do this year as 2017 is too loaded. 2017 Butch has a chance to have a top three class.

We will load up in 2017 another class like the 15 class NFL talent in bunches will make there way to KNOXVILLE TENNESSEE, this class will be the class that shows the country that TENNESSEE IS BACK TO STAY.:clapping:

22 if we use a blue shirt, i called coach last night and he told me not to post it but you VOL NATION are my brothers so i cant lie to you:eek:lol: Nobody on here really knows they might tell you so but they dont, i dont know even if coach Jones knows at this point, its a long time before NSD, BUT GUESSING I WOULD SAY BETWEEN 20 AND 22. We just need to fill our major needs with this class and not worry where we are ranked we need O-LINEMEN AND D-LINEMEN, THATS WHERE IT IS WON AT, not the pretty boys we need BIG MEAN UGLY NASTY RECRUITS IN THIS CLASS WHERE WE DONT GET CAUGHT HAVING TO START FRESHMEN ON THE OL.

Last I checked, the only whole number between 20 and 22 is 21. :) :crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
Why are we sticking our hand up a horse's butt again?

200.gif

Reactions: 3 people

Depends on how many players Butch runs off with his cussing this year.

Reactions: 2 people

TP from the top rope with the caps lock.

We don't keep up with Ole Miss recruiting on this board.

"Frick frick frickety frick. ****e!"

That's all I remember about Ole Miss recruiting-- their good sportsmanship and fine command of the English language after we turn their best recruits.

butch-jones-is-pissed-a.gif

"I will take as many :furious3: recruits as I :furious3: want to! Because :the_finger: that's why!"

My dear lord. OP asked a simple question and gets a crap ton of different answers. We have 21 initial counters that we can use this year as of today.

This was Callahan's post about the initial counters the previous year.

Tennessee only had room for 23 initial counters in the 2015 class and ended up signing 30, so I believe the Vols have seven blueshirts that are being counted forward to the 2016 class. That's why they have been hoping to sign only about 18 in the 2016 class.

Renfro is going to be a walk-on, so he won't have to be an initial counter. For what it's worth, if UT had added any other initial counters, they would have had to count ahead to the 2016 class since the Vols are out of room in their 2015 class

2 of the 7 blue shirts never made it to go on scholarship so they do not count towards this years cap. Swafford also supposedly gave us another open spot although I'm not sure how he never went on as an initial counter. That's the way the 21 cap was explained to me. If that's inaccurate then people that are more way plugged in than myself are mistaken as well.

My dear lord. OP asked a simple question and gets a crap ton of different answers. We have 21 initial counters that we can use this year as of today.

This was Callahan's post about the initial counters the previous year.

2 of the 7 blue shirts never made it to go on scholarship so they do not count towards this years cap. Swafford also supposedly gave us another open spot although I'm not sure how he never went on as an initial counter. That's the way the 21 cap was explained to me. If that's inaccurate then people that are more way plugged in than myself are mistaken as well.

Swafford was supposed to greyshirt but walked on instead...played the year and got a scholarship the next summer.

Swafford was supposed to greyshirt but walked on instead...played the year and got a scholarship the next summer.

I remember that, I have no idea how he wouldn't be an initial counter. Just relaying what was told to me if that's inaccurate my apologies.

If a walk-on receives a scholarship in his first two years on campus, then he is an initial counter towards the next class.

VN Store

Back