UGA targets react to Tennessee's rock painting

Fingers

tennesseerockrecruiting.jpg

Here is what they had to say about the recruiting tactic:

Dixon: “I was amazed by it. I was surprised they went all out for the weekend that we came down there. It was really nice. We got a chance to go by and see it, but we couldn’t take pictures with it because of NCAA rules. That was the best recruiting pitch I have seen yet.”

Gibbs: “When I first saw it, I was like “wow, that’s cool.” That rock was a great recruiting tool.” The five-star called this the best recruiting pitch he has received.

Hardman: “It was cool seeing that. It’s crazy how they can draw that. I was in shock by it.”

https://www.dawgnation.com/recruiting/uga-targets-react-to-tennessees-rock-painting

Reactions: 23 people
Could someone please explain to me why painting a rock with a recruit's likeness is an NCAA violation?

We send recruits' actual pictures on makeshift Rolling Stone covers, send them a couple of hundred birthday cards signed by all the staff, put their names up on the stadium jumbo-tron, etc. So why does the NCAA single this thing out? :loco:

Could someone please explain to me why painting a rock with a recruit's likeness is an NCAA violation?

We send recruits' actual pictures on makeshift Rolling Stone covers, send them a couple of hundred birthday cards signed by all the staff, put their names up on the stadium jumbo-tron, etc. So why does the NCAA single this thing out? :loco:

Painting the rock with a recruit's likeness isn't a violation. It isn't the athletic dept. painting it. It's students. It IS a violation if they have their picture taken next to their own likeness, though, from what I understand.

NCAA is Forrest Gump...

Stupid is as Stupid does. It really is just that simple.

:)

I apologize to Forrest for that, it is rather demeaning to be compared to the ncaa, even for a fictional character.

Reactions: 3 people
Painting the rock with a recruit's likeness isn't a violation. It isn't the athletic dept. painting it. It's students. It IS a violation if they have their picture taken next to their own likeness, though, from what I understand.

Last year, Mark Richt of UGA was drawing recruits pictures and mailing them out. Some of the recruits were shown in the AJC holding their hand-drawn pics so I don't think that is a violation.

PS...I might add Richt is not a very good artist based on the ones I saw. GBO!!

Which is f'n stupid

According to that article, we're off probation in 5 days!! WooHoo!!

Actually, I'm not even sure I knew we were on probation....lol

Reactions: 3 people
Last year, Mark Richt of UGA was drawing recruits pictures and mailing them out. Some of the recruits were shown in the AJC holding their hand-drawn pics so I don't think that is a violation.

PS...I might add Richt is not a very good artist based on the ones I saw. GBO!!

I dunno know... seems like some skill there,
15_aaa.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back