'17 TX RB Kaegun Williams

K-gun?
cay-jun?
cage-un?

we really need to start including pronunciations in these player profiles. if nothing else so we can start making fun of Kesling. :)

Cedar Hill is a powerhouse. If he's their tailback then he's legit. Will be a hard pull out of Texas with Baylor, a&m, horns and TCU.

Reactions: 1 person
CMcm__4UsAM7Pd2.jpg

Here's his hudl:

Kaegun Williams - Hudl

Very versatile back IMO. Excellent hands...could end up a nice slot WR as well IMO. Shows nice agility and speed with good acceleration to top speed. Great balance...very elusive runner. Smaller back at this point(5'9"/190), but a '17 kid so still another year of HS. Really, really good looking RB out of Texas.

All-purpose running back Kaegun Williams (Cedar Hill, Tex.) said Tennessee sticks out.

"SEC. Their huge stadium and their fan base," Williams said of Tennessee. "Biggest offer. The coaches keep up with me. I basically get a (message) from them every day."

Tennessee, SMU, Tulsa and Kansas have verbally offered.

SMU, led by coach Chad Morris and running backs coach Claude Mathis, offered first.

"I just like (that) they're coming in fresh and starting their own, new thing," Williams said of SMU.

Williams (5-9, 175) said he's hoping for offers from Baylor, Florida, USC and Stanford.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 5 all-purpose running back and the No. 21 prospect in Texas in the 2017 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

- 247 (Bartow)

COPPELL, Tex. - Running back Kaegun Williams (Cedar Hill, Tex.) said Tennessee still leads.
He said he's planning to visit Tennessee during his upcoming Spring Break.
Could a commit be in the works?
"Possibly. I'm still going to weigh my options because I'm suppose to get more offers in the spring," Williams said.
He said the Tennessee staff still talks to him weekly and they've been recruiting him "consistently."
He said the biggest reason the Volunteers still lead is because "they are an SEC school."
Williams said SMU is number two. He also has offers from Kansas and Tulsa.
Williams (5-9, 190) said he plans to visit Tulsa, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State this summer.

COPPELL, Tex. - Running back Kaegun Williams (Cedar Hill, Tex.) said Tennessee still leads.
He said he's planning to visit Tennessee during his upcoming Spring Break.
Could a commit be in the works?
"Possibly. I'm still going to weigh my options because I'm suppose to get more offers in the spring," Williams said.
He said the Tennessee staff still talks to him weekly and they've been recruiting him "consistently."
He said the biggest reason the Volunteers still lead is because "they are an SEC school."
Williams said SMU is number two. He also has offers from Kansas and Tulsa.
Williams (5-9, 190) said he plans to visit Tulsa, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State this summer.

Is he transferring to Coppell? Little bit of distance between the two burgs.

highly touted APB.

Yes, he is but rumors about him are he wants to try & stay closer to home. That would definitely mean SMU as his pick but I think he's waiting until NSD to choose so maybe he will rethink that process. Colorado is also closer to home as well so I guess going by that rumor we would be 3rd out of the 3 teams. :bad:

SMU He could run around the parking lot at Northpark (upscale Dallas mall) and more people would see him than at a SMU home game. Seems to be small potatoes for a crackerjack RB from TX.

SMU He could run around the parking lot at Northpark (upscale Dallas mall) and more people would see him than at a SMU home game. Seems to be small potatoes for a crackerjack RB from TX.

Maybe play at the Star? Some high schools travel pretty well...they could be the opener of a double header. :thumbsup:

Mr. Williams has named his top 5 per Scout in order:

Stanford, Colorado, Cal, UT, & Texas

Last edited:

VN Store

Back