4_2977312.jpg

Weakside defensive end
Clovis, California
Buchanan

Ht:6'5"
Wt:220 lbs

Bryson Young, Buchanan, Weak-Side Defensive End
Bryson Young - Yahoo! Sports

Vols have offered. Holds offers from UCLA, Oregon, Michigan, and others.

Reactions: 2 people
Per Hubbs

Bryson Young, a four-star defensive end from California confirmed to Volquest.com Thursday night that he is planning to take an official visit to Knoxville the weekend of the Georgia game. Tennessee could quickly become a team to watch there if both the Vols and Young think it's a good fit.

Just caught up with four-star defensive end Bryson Young out of California and he is down to three: Tennessee, Oregon and UCLA.

Young has already visited Oregon and UCLA but is really looking forward to his Tennessee visit in October. He has another official visit scheduled for Oregon in September and even though he doesn't have a date for a UCLA visit he said he will take one.

I'll have a full story either out tomorrow or later tonight but just wanted to throw this out there, that the Vols are potentially big players here and could make a real move this October while he's on his official visit.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 3 people
I love that we are getting a lot of interest from Cali guys. Kmac probably is a big reason

Quotes from VQ article

Over the summer I was going through the narrowing down process and I've actually narrowed it down to three," Young told Volquest.com. "It's Tennessee, Oregon and UCLA. I've been to Oregon and UCLA and I'm really excited to go to Tennessee. I'm still doing more research on Tennessee because I want to major in psychology so I want to see how their department is there. Those are the main three.

I keep in touch with coach Day. I have been talking a lot to him lately," Young said. "I've never actually been to Tennessee so it's really interesting to learn about them now. The first thing that everybody says about them is how big the stadium is and how many people it holds. I could tell that the atmosphere is extremely electric. That's very persuading to go there.

I love to travel and I love new things and I've been on the West Coast my entire life so I'd love to see what they have to offer because that's going to be a huge part in making my decision," Young said. "I want to see something new that I've never seen before and it's exciting.

The funny thing is I grew up a USC fan and when UCLA invited me to visit there it really opened my eyes," Young explained. "I used to live down there, too, so I'm very familiar with that area and that was just an amazing experience.

"I went to Oregon last summer for a camp and the scenery is, compared to California, is way better. There was a lot of green and there was just something that caught my eye. Then, you get to the college and that adds to it and they just have a lot going on up there. It was one of those things that was spectacular and I really enjoyed it.

I'm trying to focus all on my last season in high school," Young said. "I have a lot to do to get better and I'm trying to focus on that. So, after the season is over, I'm going to make my final decision after that. I'm going to take it slow

Mainly, what I want to major in is going to be a huge part. I'm really interested in that," Young said. "And, I'm evaluating the coaching staffs and if they are more the family type of team or if they're just focused on football. That's what I'm looking for and that's why I've narrowed it down to these three because that's exactly what they have.

If he likes how the state of Oregon looks imagine how blown away he'll be from fall in the Smoky Mountains when he visits.

Family? :thumbsup:
Scenery? :thumbsup:
Travel? :thumbsup:
Academics? :thumbsup:

Seems like if we want him/he's a take, we're in great position.

Also, anybody else see on his 247 page where Oregon hasn't offered? Seems strange to have in top 3 if they haven't offered.

Family? :thumbsup:
Scenery? :thumbsup:
Travel? :thumbsup:
Academics? :thumbsup:

Seems like if we want him/he's a take, we're in great position.

Also, anybody else see on his 247 page where Oregon hasn't offered? Seems strange to have in top 3 if they haven't offered.

At least he's been to Oregon, he's never been to Knoxville and we're in his top 3.

Per Hubbs

Tennessee continues to target several different guys on the defensive line and several have plans for official and unofficial visits. As we mentioned last week, Bryson Young will be here the weekend of the Georgia game and has the Vols in his top three along with Oregon and UCLA.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back