'18 NC RB Jamal Currie-Elliott

That 40 time seems a little high for his size. That accurate? Also how do the video look? I'm not getting it to load on my phone.

That 40 time seems a little high for his size. That accurate? Also how do the video look? I'm not getting it to load on my phone.

It is probably higher than that in all honesty. That would be a decency time at the NFL Combine, and this guy is only going to be a sophomore in high school.

Kid was 14 playing in the 4AA ranks last year. He will likely get faster. Right now hes ranked as the 3rd best back in that class. Bit means nothing right now imo

“I have offers from Duke, Vanderbilt, Boston College, West Virginia, Tennessee, Wake Forest and Charlotte,” Jamal Currie-Elliott said. “North Carolina and NC State are also recruiting me. I’d also like to hear from Oregon and Ole Miss.”

Tennessee was the most recent school to offer.

“It definitely means a lot and I’m looking forward to getting up there to visit,” said the 5-foot-10, 175-pound Currie-Elliott.

“I like their offense. I’ve talked to (running backs) coach (Robert) Gillespie and he told me I'd fit into their system well. I like coach Gillespie and it’s cool to have my position coach recruiting me.”

top-100 sophomore running back jamal elliott of hillside high school in durham, n.c., told 247sports' ryan bartow on thursday that he's planning to attend tennessee's junior day march 5.

The 5-foot-10, 185-pound elliott has received early scholarship offers from at least eight teams, including tennessee, duke, vanderbilt, east carolina, boston college, wake forest and west virginia. He's ranked by 247sports as the nation's no. 39 overall prospect and no. 3 running back in the 2018 class.

Reactions: 1 person
1374680.jpg

Jamal Elliot
Running-Back
Hillside
Durham, North Carolina

Height: 5-10
Weight: 180
Class: 2018

Jamal Elliott, Hillside, Running Back

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/172296

Jamal Currie-Elliott, Hillside HS RB - Scout

Jamal Elliott Highlights - Hudl

The trip to Knoxville for standout Class of 2018 running back Jamal Elliott was an eye opening one.

The 5-foot-10, 180-pound runner from Durham, N.C., said the Vols are his leader after what he experienced on Rocky Top earlier this month.

“That was my first time in Knoxville. I thought everything was good. I really like Tennessee. It’s my top school right now,” Elliott said. “The program they are building up there is on the come up and I think it’s the perfect fit for me there.”

Elliott could find several reasons to list the Vols as the team to beat early on.

“Just the conversations with the coaches, mainly coach (Robert) Gillespie,” Elliott answered when he was asked why the Vols made such an impact. “Then, some of the facilities were awesome and I’m big on academics and they are a great academic school.

Tennessee wasn’t his first visit so Elliott had others to compare Tennessee to and the Vols have impressed him the most.

“I was very surprised because it was stuff I never seen before. The atmosphere, facilities, people, it was something I’ve never seen before,” Elliott explained. “I’ve been to ECU, Duke, N.C. State, North Carolina and when I went to Tennessee there was like nothing else.”

Although he’s nearly two years away from signing in the class of 2018, Elliott said he isn’t ruling out an early decision.

“I could make an early decision,” Elliott said. “I just need to talk it over a little more with my parents.”

Elliott has more than a half-dozen offers and listed the reasons he believes college coaches are attracted to his game.

“I’ve got speed, vision and versatility. I can cut on a dime and I have good balance,” Elliott said. “My film shows that I have vision and the good cuts I make.”
-VQ.

Reactions: 7 people
the top-100 sophomore running back from hillside high school in durham, n.c., said tennessee still is “on top” among the 10 schools pursuing him following his visit last weekend for the vols’ spring-ending orange and white game.

“the second time (at tennessee), for the spring game, it was just good,” said elliott, who’s ranked by 247sports as the nation’s no. 59 overall prospect and no. 5 running back in the 2018 class. “it was an even better atmosphere with the fans there, so that’s what kind of made it a better place. What surprised me was just the fans — they were just all loud — and the support they have. I think there was, like, 60,000-something that came. That really shocked me the most. Just being at a spring game with all those fans, i just can’t imagine how it would be at a real game where there’d be, like, 100,000-something people.”

“i think tennessee, it’s just a family atmosphere,” he said. “it’s just more of a family. When you go to tennessee, you’ve got people always speaking to you. You’re bonding with the coaches. And just seeing the facilities, and tennessee is tops in education. That’s what got me. “i love football, but no matter what, that comes second to me. I’m looking at those programs to see how it is, what best fits me.”

he said he also spent time with tennessee running backs coach robert gillespie after the spring game, and he already has built a strong relationship with gillespie since getting an early offer from the vols nearly nine months ago.

Gillespie has “made it clear to me,” elliott said, that he’s a high priority for tennessee.

“me and coach gillespie, we’ve got a good relationship. I try to call him once a week, and we’ve just carried our relationship from there,” elliott said. “what’s great about coach gillespie, he’s going to be honest with you, and the words that came out of his mouth were, ‘when you come to tennessee, you’ve got to be ready to play.’ that’s one thing i like about coach gillespie: He’s going to be real with you all the time.”

Reactions: 8 people
Would be difficult for me to care less about what this recruit says at this point.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back