Something just ain't right...

fade route

Just being honest
6, count em, 6 players at IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL are ranked in the top 35 players (football) in the country according to Rivals, including 2 5* QBs. How is this possible?

Reactions: 2 people
They go there to play football. It is an athletic institution that has a school on the side and all the kids go there to participate in one of their sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
6, count em, 6 players at IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL are ranked in the top 35 players (football) in the country according to Rivals, including 2 5* QBs. How is this possible?

Sit down Scooter and let Uncle butchna tell you about this lil thing called money. :question:

Reactions: 10 people
I get all that, but I've never seen one high school stockpile that much talent

Maybe not in one single season, but Oaks Christian in Cali is consistently stocked.

Also this is practically the charter for this school...in it's crest...Play Sports Real Good...Errr Well

Reactions: 3 people

Trinity Christian in Jacksonville?? Was similar last year.

They had 5 top 100 players I think??

Buford, GA smashed them 17-0.

I don't like these proving ground type institutions.
They are not real teams. None of these kids grew up together and played as a team.
It's like they are getting into NFL mentality too early.
Takes away from the game.

Reactions: 7 people
Trinity Christian in Jacksonville?? Was similar last year.

They had 5 top 100 players I think??

Buford, GA smashed them 17-0.

I don't like these proving ground type institutions.
They are not real teams. None of these kids grew up together and played as a team.
It's like they are getting into NFL mentality too early.
Takes away from the game.

Agree - just never seen a high school with 2 five star QBs. Who's the back up?

Does anyone know how much it cost to go there or if they give out scholarships?

Just look at Oak Hill Academy in basketball.

Where they are headed.

They can't play for state titles. Its more of a All Star traveling team. They'all get the best exposure, good coaching and best training at the highschool level.

SN: Malik Henry is no longer enrolled at IMG.

They have Malik Henry and Shea Patterson but if I recall Henry was thought to be transferring this summer.

They have Malik Henry and Shea Patterson but if I recall Henry was thought to be transferring this summer.

Henry was going there because of Weinke...thought it would get him better prepared for FSU. When Weinke landed elsewhere IMG changed their offense.

Does anyone know how much it cost to go there or if they give out scholarships?

Depending on what sport you play its around $55k-$75k per year. High dollar sports like golf and tennis cost more than a sport like basketball. In its early days, the school was comprised of extremely wealthy kids who were horrible at sports. Their parents seemed to think that they could somehow buy athleticism. The day was structured where you had roughly 4 hours of school and 4-5 hours of sports training. It's like sending your kids to year round summer camp.

My best friend in HS toured the school because his dad was wanting to send him there for his SR year in hopes of receiving a golf scholarship or small school basketball scholarship. They quickly realized the competition on our small town HS and the competition we played was better than what he'd be surrounded by at IMG (Pendelton School back then). That was 2002 and the dynamics of the rosters and the caliber of athlete attending have changed dramatically over the last decade.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Kis from around the world go and attend this school. It's not a high school that has local kids attending because they're in the area. Wikipedia IMG academy and you'll gather a better understanding.

Depending on what sport you play its around $55k-$75k per year. High dollar sports like golf and tennis cost more than a sport like basketball. In its early days, the school was comprised of extremely wealthy kids who were horrible at sports. Their parents seemed to think that they could somehow buy athleticism. The day was structured where you had roughly 4 hours of school and 4-5 hours of sports training. It's like sending your kids to year round summer camp.

BG, there is a reason I asked this question. I live in Shreveport and know the coach at Calvary where Patterson played until last month. There is no way the family could afford anything like that $ so there had to be a scholarship available or some booster money on the side. Very interesting!

It seemed more shady under Weinke since he doesn't hold back his FSU loyalty. I don't know about now but I bet a lot of Hs coaches are pissed to lose their best players

BG, there is a reason I asked this question. I live in Shreveport and know the coach at Calvary where Patterson played until last month. There is no way the family could afford anything like that $ so there had to be a scholarship available or some booster money on the side. Very interesting!

It was about $40k in 2002 when my friend looked into it. His parents could've afforded it but if he had played collegiately at a state school the resulting scholarship would've barely paid a return. He could've attended UF for about $10k per year back then so they were taking a big risk in spending $40-$50k for HS and then not get a college scholarship out of it.

VN Store

Back