Uniform Impact On Recruiting

GoBigOrangeVols

Is nonexistent so far. In fact, we've missed out on two major targets since the release of the new Nike uniforms and we missed those recruits to two schools (Ole Miss and Bama) that haven't had deviations from their uniforms in decades....I thought you guys were sure these new uniforms would have all the top talent flocking to The Hill!?

Mostly blue font, but a little serious -- where are all the commits!?

Reactions: 2 people
I feel this question must be asked at least once (or fifty times) in this thread:

Why are all of our recruits wearing Adidas still?

Reactions: 2 people
bert-doesnt-read_o_gifsoup-com.gif

Reactions: 8 people
All we can go on is what the recruits are saying and it has been by and large a huge statement. Maybe we've not reaped the benefits yet on the recruiting trail but I firmly believe we will benefit at least marginally on the field with the new gear. But..... Soon....

Is nonexistent so far. In fact, we've missed out on two major targets since the release of the new Nike uniforms and we missed those recruits to two schools (Ole Miss and Bama) that haven't had deviations from their uniforms in decades....I thought you guys were sure these new uniforms would have all the top talent flocking to The Hill!?

Are you telling me that you actually believed the posters who said it would make a difference in recruiting? If so, I can't help you.

Reactions: 3 people
I've followed recruiting for over 10 years now. Every year there is at least 5 kids committed to Tennessee that go elsewhere. This class is far from set in stone.

Are you telling me that you actually believed the posters who said it would make a difference in recruiting? If so, I can't help you.

It doesn't? Come through the recruiting forum sometime and read direct quotes from prospective athletes.. Being a Nike school is a big advantage.

As far as not getting many commits lately- this has to be a smaller class, and it's still July.. Chill. We are in on a ton of elite guys.

Reactions: 4 people
Lay down the pipe. Boo hoo we lost a kid we weren't pushing hard for and another guys that we weren't even in the top 5 for has named Bama a leader. Let's dismiss the fact that same kid said we jumped to number 2 from outside his top 5 after his visit.

So if I get your comment / statement you are saying to go back to Adidas?

Too Early

of course it plays a factor, how much of a factor I don't know. I seriously hope that the Nike brand isn't THE thing that pushes a kid one place or another. but it is impossible to say what effect it would have one way or the other. most recruits have commented on liking the uniform change, not sure what else the OP is wanting?

of course it plays a factor, how much of a factor I don't know. I seriously hope that the Nike brand isn't THE thing that pushes a kid one place or another. but it is impossible to say what effect it would have one way or the other. most recruits have commented on liking the uniform change, not sure what else the OP is wanting?

He wants us to have two top ten classes solely based on the switch...not even one month into the switch. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Jalen Hurd and Josh Malone among others said in the previous years that the coaches were selling them on how we were going to Nike as well as other factors. But I guess those don't count?

1474.gif

It doesn't? Come through the recruiting forum sometime and read direct quotes from prospective athletes.. Being a Nike school is a big advantage.

As far as not getting many commits lately- this has to be a smaller class, and it's still July.. Chill. We are in on a ton of elite guys.

When they sign their LOI, being a Nike school doesn't mean jack crap regardless of them tweeting or saying they think it's cool. They also think flat screen TVs in the locker room are cool, but it's not why kids choose the schools they do. Try proximity to home, relationship to coaches, and potential to play early. Everything else is a distant, and I mean distant second.

VN Store

Back