'18 IN OG Emil Ekiyor Jr.

indianapolis (ind.) cathedral top100 2018 offensive lineman emil ekiyor had tennessee as his leader prior to saturday's visit to knoxville.

The vols win over georgia in an outstanding environment certainly didn't do anything to hurt that standing.

"tennessee was amazing," ekiyor said. He was offered by butch jones and the staff back in july. "just the atmosphere and the fans, it's a special place."

"my relationship with the staff is great," ekiyor said. "before the game i got to hang out with coach mahoney the o-line coach and also i got to talk to coach jones before the game and then my recruiter (steve stripling) and i have a great relationship and we talked for a while."

Reactions: 4 people
A few recruiting analysts believe Emil Ekiyor is bound for Big Ten Country. He disagrees.

“It’s not accurate,” the offensive lineman from Cathedral High (Indianapolis, Ind.) said flatly, referring to the prognostications that he’ll end playing college football in the midwest.

Of course, anything could happen. Ekiyor, who is rated a 4-star guard by 247 Sports, just finished his sophomore season and won’t enroll in college until 2018. However, he already has nine scholarship offers and a leader for his services.

“I would say Tennessee,” Ekiyor told SEC Country. “Just because the coaches, I have a great relationship with them. I know the program is in good hands with Butch Jones. I just really like the setup there and everything. The whole academic setup there is really good.”

That’s not all Tennessee has to offer. A chance to play in the SEC is a big draw for Ekiyor.

“I think the SEC is a totally different level,” the 6-foot-3, 285-pound offensive lineman said. “I would much rather play in the SEC than the Big Ten, but if a school in the Big Ten fits me then I’ll have to consider that also.”

Ekiyor visited Tennessee for the UGA game on Oct. 10. It was an exciting game as the Vols overcame a 21-point deficit to beat the Bulldogs 38-31.

“I love Tennessee,” Ekiyor said. “That’s my favorite place so far. I love everything about it.”

Reactions: 7 people
If his genetics are mean anything, his father Emil may be the largest leanest human I've ever seen. And he was easily 250+

And emil Sr's brother Bomar was quite the athlete as well.

Yup him & AC.

I just ran into "cookie man" two weeks ago.

Yes, emil ended up on an nfl roster for a lot of years.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll take a combo of Mays and Ekiyor at Tackle.

Should be enticing for a guy like Trevor Lawrence to have your bookends committed. Drew Richmond and Chance Hall will be Seniors then we have the Tatum and Neihaus waiting in the shadows.

Edit: NM this guy is a guard

- Ekiyor, a class of 2018 offensive lineman with 14 scholarship offers, said that based on all his travels thus far, Tennessee has established itself as the early favorite in his recruitment. Michigan has also made a strong, early impression and has his attention. Oklahoma had been giving him strong indications an offer was coming, then delivered on that offer Monday afternoon.

Josh Helmholdt

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee continues to lead for Indianapolis (Ind.) Cathedral four-star 2018 offensive lineman Emil Ekiyor who told 247Sports on Monday’s Best of the Midwest Combine that the Vols are recruiting him the hardest.

“I plan on taking a visit sometime soon,” Ekiyor said.

With that being said, I put in a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of the Vols for the 6-foot-3, 315-pound Ekiyor, who is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 1 recruit in Indiana and nation’s No. 4 offensive guard.

“Just the environment is amazing, love the coaching staff and it’s been a great visit so far every time I’ve been there,” Ekiyor said.

“Coach (Butch) Jones is a great coach, it’s a great staff, really good guys, really good coaches, it’s like a family environment there, I love that about it.”

Steve Wiltfong

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
"It's just an amazing atmosphere," Ekiyor said of Tennessee. "The team is great and the coaching staff is great. It's a great place to be and the overall football vibe there is great. I think the direction that coach Jones is taking the program stands out. I love the way coach Mahoney coaches and coach Strip is a cool guy."

"I've watched coach Jones since he was at Cincinnati and I like how he built that program and maintained it," Ekiyor Sr. said. "I know coach Stripling and coach Martinez. Just some really good guys on that staff.

"As a father, I'm extremely comfortable with them and I know they would do a good job with my son. I think it's a great fit for coach Jones and a perfect place for him. You can feel the vibe that he loves his players and expects the most from them. I love Tennessee."

The entire Ekiyor family will be in Knoxville for the Tennessee-Florida game in late September. The night before, he and his Cathedral team plays at Rhea County and Ekiyor plans on staying with Vol commit Cade Mays after the game. The two talk quite a bit and it's a big reason Tennessee is the lead dog in this recruitment.

"Tennessee is my leader," Ekiyor said. "I love Tennessee and I get a great vibe when I'm on campus. Stanford is that other main team. I'm looking at taking some visits here soon. I'm trying to sort out my top five before the season starts and go from there. I'd like to have something done by next spring before my senior season so I can focus on that and be prepared for that move to college."

- VQ

Sounds like a future Vol.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back